Forum Home > Employment Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-485 / EAD / AP Forum
EB2 India PD movement in July 2013 VB
There are 16 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
<<PREV12NEXT>>Page 1 of 2
Amazon
6/3/2013 10:17:43 PM
Total Posts: 591
I have started this thread to discuss the EB2 India PD movement in July 2013 visa bulletin. [thumbup]
AxialTilt
6/4/2013 5:12:16 PM
Total Posts: 4
What is your guess of what the PD will be?
Amazon
6/4/2013 9:54:57 PM
[quote=AxialTilt;23]What is your guess of what the PD will be?[/quote] That is a good question. Two law firms said they met with Charles Oppenheim (CO) about a month ago. CO said that dates would not move till September VB and only for few weeks. I dont think that is true (hence the contest). I had created a blog post about this 2 weeks ago with full details; but decided [b][u]not[/u][/b] to publish it. EB2 India has been waiting for over a year for forward movement and I do not want them to become more anxious. What do you guys think? Should I publish that post? I would need atleast 10 yes comments from people here to publish it.
raman
6/4/2013 10:12:14 PM
Total Posts: 3
[quote=Amazon;27][quote=AxialTilt;23]What is your guess of what the PD will be?[/quote] That is a good question. Two law firms said they met with Charles Oppenheim (CO) about a month ago. CO said that dates would not move till September VB and only for few weeks. I dont think that is true (hence the contest). I had created a blog post about this 2 weeks ago with full details; but decided [b][u]not[/u][/b] to publish it. EB2 India has been waiting for over a year for forward movement and I do not want them to become more anxious. What do you guys think? Should I publish that post? I would need atleast 10 yes comments from people here to publish it. [/quote] Well,if the dates dont move in July VB, then that prediction would most likely be true. we will know in a few days.
JohnK
6/5/2013 5:11:22 AM
Total Posts: 20
I vote yes to posting the blog post. Would DOS move the dates fully in July or would they move it slowly in July and August? I am guessing they would do the latter. [cool]
pm86
6/5/2013 5:43:13 PM
Total Posts: 7
Seems its going slow. Thats why no use in keeping hope as everything is unpredictable.[confused] [huh]
Amazon
6/5/2013 9:07:11 PM
[quote=JohnK;29]Would DOS move the dates fully in July or would they move it slowly in July and August?[/quote] Yeah, they would do it in a staggered manner. Depending on amount of spillovers, there could be a big jump in July and smaller jump in August and "tiny" jump in September. As soon as dates starts moving in EB2 India, the porting from EB3 India to EB2 India would also start increasing. Based on June 2013 demand data, there are 38,000+ preadjudicated cases in EB3 India till Dec 31, 2006. http://www.mygcvisa.com/visa-bulletin/demand-data-for-june-2013-visa-bulletin.aspx There are two types of EB3-EB2 porters: 1. Those who have filed I-485 2. Those who have not yet filed I-485 The demand data would only include those EB3 India folks who had filed and were preadjudicated. This means the real demand in EB3 India (once dates move forward for EB2 India) could be much higher. Hence the staggered approach would be the most likely option.
KR
6/6/2013 12:04:03 AM
Total Posts: 6
Vote 2 for the blog.
Raj
6/6/2013 5:49:04 PM
Total Posts: 2
Yes for the blog
pm86
6/6/2013 5:56:51 PM
Total Posts: 7
what is the process for EB3 to EB2 porting and how much time does it take? 1 week or 2 weeks? If so then they have to wait for the 2 weeks meanwhile the orginial EB2 applicants whose cases have been preadjusted can be current and approved. Whats the probability of this process?
Amazon
6/6/2013 11:00:15 PM
[quote=pm86;44]what is the process for EB3 to EB2 porting and how much time does it take? 1 week or 2 weeks? If so then they have to wait for the 2 weeks meanwhile the orginial EB2 applicants whose cases have been preadjusted can be current and approved. Whats the probability of this process? [/quote] For EB3 to EB2 Process, please see this: http://blog.mygcvisa.com/2013/02/faq-eb3-to-eb2-porting-part-1.html It typically takes 6-9 months to complete. Lots of people who started porting about a year ago are now showing up in demand data (in EB2 India category). Porters who have not file I-485 yet will have to wait for PD to be current before they can apply. Current processing time is 4-8 months. So lot of people who will file a new I-485 application between July and Aug may have to wait till next FY 2014. The tricky part is most likely dates are going to retrogress again from FY 2014 (October 1, 2013) since porters are currently using up all available EB2 India quota (2802 per year).
Amazon
6/6/2013 11:18:53 PM
According to Charles Oppenheim dates could move around Feb 2008. We have posted the original article and updated it with new information from Charles Oppenheim. http://blog.mygcvisa.com/2013/06/eb2-india-visa-bulletin-movement-from.html
<<PREV12NEXT>>Page 1 of 2

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth