Forum Home > Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > NVC / I-485 / EAD / AP Forum
Help filing I-485/I-765/I-131 - F2A
There are 35 posts in this topic. Total Reactions: 16
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
<<PREV123NEXT>>Page 3 of 3
Amazon
7/15/2013 9:28:44 PM
Total Posts: 591
[quote=SweSwe;1284] But doesn't it matter that the OPT is expired? [/quote] Since you are on H1, your I-140 approval copy should have A# on it. It should be same as OPT card A#. [quote] Also, my I 693 is completed, I and did not include any A# on it, just wrote N/A. Now the packet it sealed. [mellow] . I think I'll attach an extra paper to this I 693 packet, and let them know about my A#. [/quote] You can add this to your cover letter. This way there are not too many letters added in I-485 application. [quote] Thanks a ton, for all your valuable advice. You are so generous [/quote] You are welcome [biggrin]
gilbert
7/18/2013 6:06:10 AM
Total Posts: 4
Hi, Amazon, I surfed the internet and found your forum and blog are quite helpful. Thank you! I have many questions about sending out the F2A category application in August to catch the PD current wave. I hold a F1 visa now and will graduate next year. My girl friend got her Green Card in February this year and we will get marry on July 30. She is currently unemployed since she just quit her job before she came to the US. I wonder I can still file my application under such situation? Also, since my girl friend has no job now, we must have about $100,000 under her name as the Affidavit of Support (she has no job now). We will open a joint account soon and put enough money in it. I wonder if we can use this account to prove she has the enough money to support my application? Except the savings, we do not own cars, houses or other assets. Or, can I use my own or her savings in Taiwan to support my own application? For other part of the application, I really appreciate your blogs which is quite clear!! Thank you!!!
Ankit
7/18/2013 2:25:02 PM
Total Posts: 18
I don't know but if you need to have $100K in your account as I didn't read that anywhere but you can have someone who is a US citizen or Green Card holder(LPR) be the joint sponsor for the I-864.
gilbert
7/18/2013 2:45:03 PM
Thank you Ankit. I read in the instruction that if your Green Card holder has no job, he/she must provide enough evidence that he/she can support his/her spouse. And the asset must be equal to 5 times above the poverty line which is about $20,000/year. So, I assume my wife need to have about $100,000 in her account to be the Affidavit of Support. Her parents are citizen, but we do not want to ask them to be my sponsors. Do not want to make them think I am using their daughter to get PR. Besides, I have enough money now. It just needs to be put into my wife's account. So, I just want to make sure a joint account could be used as the Affidavit of Support. Or, I can use mine own US or foreign account to do so? Thank you!
Sunshine
7/18/2013 2:57:40 PM
Total Posts: 22
If you earn then your income is a part of household income and thus your spouse is able to sponser you with your last six pay stubs, last three w2s and last three tax returns for both of you as proof of support along with your employment letter. It does not have to be cash alone but you can show your money from your account itself. Try filling the form 864 and it pretty much shows you how the assets can be shown. It does not have to be in her name only or joint only. At the end yours and hers are added and shows as supporting value in dollars
Ankit
7/18/2013 4:30:17 PM
Gilbert, you might want to read this : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864ainstr.pdf Amazon had posted this link in one of his replies in the forum.
gilbert
7/18/2013 4:40:02 PM
Thank you Ankit. But I am afraid that I am not qualified as a household member because I do not have any job/income now. The instruction reads two ways that the intending immigrant could be regarded as the household member. Both ways needs the intending immigrant to show the evidence that his/her income can continue after he/she gets PR. I can't prove this. So, I think the only way to get an Affidavit of Support is to use the bank savings (should be better if it is under my girl friend's name?).
gilbert
7/18/2013 4:41:55 PM
[quote=axsultana;2298]If you earn then your income is a part of household income and thus your spouse is able to sponser you with your last six pay stubs, last three w2s and last three tax returns for both of you as proof of support along with your employment letter. It does not have to be cash alone but you can show your money from your account itself. Try filling the form 864 and it pretty much shows you how the assets can be shown. It does not have to be in her name only or joint only. At the end yours and hers are added and shows as supporting value in dollars [/quote] Thank you axsultana, but I am a poor Ph.D. student in humanity discipline, no job, no income, no pay stubs. I will try check the form again!! Thank you!
shrishi
7/19/2013 9:30:51 PM
Total Posts: 31
Amazon, a quick question: Do we have to send g325a form along with I-485, I-131 and I-765 forms? Thanks.
Ankit
7/19/2013 9:55:08 PM
YES,we do have to send the G-325A along with I-485, I-131 and I-765 forms but just send it for the beneficiary of the I-130 petition.
shrishi
7/20/2013 12:54:08 PM
Total Posts: 31
[quote=Ankit;2309]YES,we do have to send the G-325A along with I-485, I-131 and I-765 forms but just send it for the beneficiary of the I-130 petition.[/quote] Ankit Thanks. I have done the following.In G-325A form "This application is submitted in connection with an application for" I have selected "status as Permanent Resident" for the I-485 and just selected "Others" and specified I131 and I765. Is it okay? Or should I select "status as Permanent Resident" in all the forms? Thanks.
<<PREV123NEXT>>Page 3 of 3

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth