Forum Home > Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > Other Family Based Discussion
CHANGE OF VISA STATUS FROM F3 TP F1
There are 4 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
Rukhsana Zeb
8/9/2014 5:06:01 PM
Total Post: 1
Dear Members, I am a petitioner for my daughter, PD 21 april 2008, she was married therefore here status was F3 when I filed. Unfortunately her husband died in a car accident. I called NVC and was told that I need to send them a copy of the death certificate which I did on July 8, 2014, but I still have not heard anything from NVC how long does it take them to reply back or how much time it takes to process the change from F3 to F1. Also, since her status would change so would here cut off date too? Thank you
lisaanderson
12/11/2014 12:15:15 AM
Total Posts: 5
It can take some time to get verification from them because there are severe backlogs at NVC right now. You can try to call them to get an update. Now that your daughter is no longer married, she is moved to the F-1 category instead of F-3. Her cutoff date of 21 April 2008 remains the same, but she will get her green card much sooner. If your daughter is not from Mexico or the Philippines, she may be eligible to get her immigrant visa within the next 1-2 years. Check the Visa Bulletin (http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html).
Jamesbdbond
12/16/2015 6:46:46 PM
Total Posts: 5
HELLO EVERY ONE WISH YOU ALL HAVE GREAT DAY. MY WIFE IS US GREEN CARD HOLDER, SHE FILED MY PETITION AT 3RD MARCH,2015. MY I-130 APPROVED. I GOT THE LATTER FROM NVC THAT THEY CANT PROCESS MY CASE DUE TO THEY HAVE LOTS OF CASES TO SOLVE. BUT THEY GAVE ME THE REFERENCE NUMBER TO TRACK MY CASE.ACCORDING TO VISA BULLETIN MY CASE WILL FINISH PROBABLY SEP 2016. BUT WHEN I HAVE CHECKED NVC THE RESULT IS LIKE "PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION YOU RECEIVED FROM THE NVC THAT LIST THE SIX STEPS YOU MAKE BEFORE NVC CAN SCHEDULE YOUR VISA INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT. THIS INCLUDE SUBMITTING TO NVC VARIOUS FEES,FORMS AND DOCUMENTS; ONCE NVC HAS RECEIVED ALL THE REQUIRE ITEM THEY WILL LET YOU KNOW IF ANYTHING MISSING." MY QUESTION IS WHEN NVC GIVE THIS SORT OF MESSAGE IN THEIR SYSTEM, AS I HAVENT GOT THE INSTRUCTION YET..ANY ONE HAVE GOT ANY IDEA TO SHARE..OR ANYONE FALL IN SAME SITUATION LIKE ME??? THANKS FOR READING PLEASE COMMENTS...
Nriway
6/20/2023 6:19:28 AM
Total Posts: 11
Category: EB1 India
[quote=rukh123;14522]Dear Members, I am a petitioner for my daughter, PD 21 april 2008, she was married therefore here status was F3 when I filed. Unfortunately her husband died in a car accident. I called NVC and was told that I need to send them a copy of the death certificate which I did on July 8, 2014, but I still have not heard anything from NVC how long does it take them to reply back or how much time it takes to process the change from F3 to F1. Also, since her status would change so would here cut off date too? Thank you [/quote] Gather documents related to new status. Submit an I-539 application to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for a change of status. Wait for USCIS processing. If approved, USCIS will give you official documentation of your new status.

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth