Forum Home > Other Discussions > Ask A Lawyer
There are 2 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
+ Add New Post
5/4/2014 6:42:43 AM
Total Post: 1
Hi Amazon! Need some advice with regards to my US application. My PD is 2008, EB3 Philippines. I'd like to bring my boyfriend with me. We're planning to get married before my PD gets current. Will I be able to bring him? Will there be any complications? What do I need to do? Thank you in advance!
5/8/2014 2:17:20 AM
Total Posts: 591
Yes you can bring your boyfriend to US on non-immigrant visa. The biggest problem is that to get non-immigrant visa, you have to convince US embassy that you do not intent to immigrate to US. So if the main reason is only to marry, it should be fine. However, if he is planning to marry and immediately immigrate to country, that could be considered fraud, if they find out. So depending on the intention, you can apply accordingly. You can also marry anytime before I-485 is approved. This means you can marry after filing I-485 application (but before it is approved). In the main blog, there is a blog post specific to I-495 application. It would be helpful to read that blog post.

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth