Hi all. New member and a lot of these posts have been very helpful, hopefully someone can answer this question for me.
So, there was a huge jump of 4 months in the bulletin for May 2014 F2b while F1 only moved forward a month. [u]My PD is Oct 2010, location: Jamaica[/u].
My father had previously migrated on a F4 petition in 2009 where I was listed as a beneficiary; we tried seeing if CSPA would apply (as I was only 13 at time of filing) but we were unsuccessful when USCIS determined I had aged out. We submitted an I-130 in October 2010 as soon as he arrived in the States.
He is considering naturalizing as a citizen, but there are questions if the change from LPR to citizen would affect the filing: should he naturalize, I'd automatically transfer to F1. Is there a possibility he can naturalize and I request to remain in F2b (since this category is moving faster) or should he wait until this is over before naturalizing? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Dont you love that the US immigration system prioritizes LPR children over their own US citizens? Yeah, messed up...
My advice for your father: wait to naturalize. F2B is moving very very fast. If for some reason it slows down and F1 begins to move, then naturalize. Since your PD is 2010, you still have roughly 3 years of cutoff date movement, but if F2B keeps moving at this pace, your wait will be much less staying in F2B (in my opinion).
That's what I've been thinking too. I've asked him to wait and watch both categories - good thing, F2B is moving quite nicely, its at April 07 for June bulletin.
In other news, got a Request for Evidence in the mail today, asking for proof of relationship between my dad and me and my brother. Does anyone know, once we've submitted all acceptable form of proof, how soon the I-130 is finally approved?