Forum Home > Non-Immigrant US Visa Discussion > Work Visas (H, L, TN, O, P, Q, etc)
H1 Stamp
There are 2 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
+ Add New Post
3/18/2014 2:18:51 AM
Total Posts: 20
Is it better to get H1 stamp from home country?
3/18/2014 3:10:21 AM
Total Posts: 591
If you H-1B visa was approved while you were in US, you do not need to get H-1B stamp. In fact, you do not have to travel for H-1B visa stamping at all, until and unless you want to travel outside the U.S. The visa stamp serves only one purpose: to gain entry into the United States. Therefore, if you weren't planning on leaving for some other purpose, you don't need the visa. If you do need a stamp, the best option is to apply at the U.S. consulate in your home country. If you want to apply at the U.S. consulate in a country other than your home country (a so-called "third country"), you need to review the protocol at that consulate to determine if you may apply there.

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth