Forum Home > Other Discussions > Ask A Lawyer
applying for AOS
There are 2 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
3/13/2014 12:10:25 AM
Total Posts: 5
Need some advise. My wife PD is now current and we are on the process of completing the I485. I been on h4 and been working for 5 years now.I pay tax, medicare, ss and file income tax return every year. my question is, do i have to state it on the form that i am working even though h4 is not allowed to work or should i leave it blank? Thank you
3/18/2014 2:46:20 AM
Total Posts: 591
This is a complicated situation. H4 visa holders are currently not authorized to work for salary. They can only do volunteer work. I would recommend talking to a good lawyer who can review your case in more detail and provide proper guidance. Your spouse lawyer would also be able to help with this.

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth