Forum Home > Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-130 Forum
Case at NVC, my priority date is september 27, 2013
There are 6 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
chardie16
1/17/2014 1:12:14 PM
Total Posts: 7
Hi Amazon, Good day, as we all know that the PD in VB for F2A is sept 8 2013, im from Philippines, my wife filed I-130 for me she is a GC holder, our case is approved and its on NVC, my priority date is September 27, 2013, Do you think that me and my wife can be together this year? please i really need an answer even though its just an estimate, do you think that our PD will be current within this year? or are we enable to go through consular processing within this year? Thank You Amazon, you helped many people waiting for their GC's, God bless:)
Amazon
1/23/2014 3:53:34 AM
Total Posts: 591
The latest data we have for F2A category is as of September 30, 2013. Based on USCIS meeting with AILA lawyers, they said that F2A category is expected to retrogress in few months. They did move the dates forward a lot and have generated a lot of demand in this category. Did you try getting a visitors visa for traveling? Or maybe she can travel to where you are located?
chardie16
1/23/2014 4:00:37 AM
No I didnt try to get a visitor visa, because it seems that F2A is a barrier in getting a Visitor visa, but i want to get a visitors visa, Thank You Amazon for your response, by the way can i apply for a working visa with a pending F2A?
Amazon
1/23/2014 4:09:45 AM
Sure, you can try for H1 work visas. H1 is a dual intent visas, where others visas are non immigrant visas. When you get other visas (B1, etc), you have to prove intent not to immigrate; which is hard when you have F2A petition. You can try to apply for any visas and answer truthfully that you have petition pending. There have been few cases where it has been approved.
chardie16
1/23/2014 6:18:06 AM
Thanks Amazon, By the way is it true that when immigration reform bill is passed theres no need for f2a to wait for priority dates? because the f2a will be no limit like USC?
Amazon
1/23/2014 7:28:27 AM
There are lots of immigration bill in Congress. It is not clear which of them will pass. Please see the blog articles below for more details: http://blog.mygcvisa.com/2013/04/cir-bill-s744-border-security-economic.html

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth