Forum Home > Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-130 Forum
Name on Passport
There are 5 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
Molly
12/18/2013 4:52:44 AM
Total Posts: 53
Hi everyone I have a question and I am hoping someone can help me . All my documents that were sent to the nvc so far bears my married name but on my passport it has my maiden name my passport was issue to me before I was married my question is will it be a problem or will I have to go and get my surname changed on my passport
A2601
12/18/2013 5:22:46 AM
Total Posts: 55
u should have same name in all documents..
Molly
12/18/2013 5:29:27 AM
Total Posts: 53
Thans for your reply all my documents have my married name but my passport has my maiden name
Jspl13
12/21/2013 2:08:24 PM
Total Posts: 23
You just have to wait until nvc is done reviewing your documents. It may be accepted as long as all of your documents has the same informations (except for your surname). When did you sent your civil documents?
Amazon
12/28/2013 10:59:32 PM
Total Posts: 591
[quote=Molly;7578]Hi everyone I have a question and I am hoping someone can help me . All my documents that were sent to the nvc so far bears my married name but on my passport it has my maiden name my passport was issue to me before I was married my question is will it be a problem or will I have to go and get my surname changed on my passport [/quote] You can wait for NVC to contact you (since you have already sent the documents). Also you can start the process of changing the name on your passport.

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth