Forum Home > Employment Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-485 / EAD / AP Forum
30/60/90 days resets if left for Mexico for a few days?
There is 1 post in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
Be the first person to add a reply.
Jon
12/11/2013 2:11:14 AM
Total Post: 1
Hi, I entered the US six weeks ago on ESTA (Visa Waiver) and while I was here I got married. I did not intent to stay here when I first came, but it just happened that I got married and we decided US is a better option for us at the moment. I would like to apply for the change of status and green card, but am worried about the 30/60/90 day "rule" immigration applies when checking if applicant for I-485 had the intent of staying when he entering the US. Like I said, I entered the US on October 30th, so technically I will soon be here for over 60 days. However, I have made a 10 day trip to Tijuana in Mexico in November. I did not receive a new stamp in my passport, so I still need to leave the states 90 days from October 30th (the day I flew in) and not 90 days from November 26th (when I returned to US from Mexico). My question is this: When applying for change of status (I-485), does the 30/60/90 day rule apply to the VW stamp in my passport, or the day when I last entered the US from Mexico, even though I did not get new 90 days stamp at that time as short trips count into the "ESTA 90 days time". Thank you very much for your answers.

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth