Forum Home > Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-130 Forum
If we have a kid...
There are 6 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
Rajenamored
11/20/2013 12:22:02 AM
Total Posts: 7
My wife's PD is Sep 12, 2013 and her I-130 is approved. It may take a few months for her PD to become current. We are planning to have a baby, my question is what happens if she delivers a baby before her visa interview (I am thinking it may take a year or so for her to get to the interview). Your input is appreciated. Thanks Rajesh
walfredo
11/20/2013 6:40:01 PM
Total Posts: 43
I am assuming you are a LPR and NOT a US citizen correct? In most consulates, her interview will be scheduled within 1 month of PD becoming current. For F2A category (I assume this is her category) the cut-off date is currently September 8th, 2013. So she is very close to her PD coming current, and I doubt it will be a year or so before she gets her interview... what makes you think it will take this long? The main thing I would do if I were you (to expedite the process) is to begin collecting her civil documents now, so that when your case moves to the NVC you will be ready to move forward immediately with the final stages of her case (ie: form ds260, interview). Will wait to see what the expert (Amazon) can tell you. If you are unfamiliar with the family-based immigration process here are a couple general links that will help: http://www.familybasedimmigration.com/forum/immigrantvisaflowchart.php More detailed chart: http://immigrationroad.com/green-card/immigration-flowchart-roadmap-to-green-card.pdf
Rajenamored
11/21/2013 1:14:13 AM
The reason for me to think 1 year is, it will take another 2-3 months to become current (based on the various forums feedback). My lawyer said it takes 6 months to get the interview after it becomes current. 2 plus months to approve I-864 and 3 plus months to get interview date since Chennai consulate is shut down now in India for Visa consular processing. I dont have a good opinion about my lawyer because I sent all my doc third of Aug but she forgot to file in time and hence I could have started I-864 process by now. I will be happy if I get the visa interview in one month time after it becomes current but so far I havent heard so. I think Amazon replied and said its not moving forward anytime soon and that got me worried :) Well its always a waiting game with USCIS... Thanks for sharing your thoughts... Rajesh
walfredo
11/21/2013 4:14:58 PM
Total Posts: 43
Im not sure how long it takes the consulates in India, so you could be correct on that. You said your I130 has been approved, but has it been transfered to NVC? (You should get a letter from NVC - commonly known as NOA2 - notice of action that case is sent to NVC). If NVC has your case you will then file form 3032 - choice of agent, and thereafter I-864. You should file your I-864 before your interview (so it can process while you wait for pd to become current). The links I posted should guide you through the process. From my experience, after receiving NOA2, the process goes: have wife start collecting civil documents in India -> Ds3032 -> I-864 -> DS260 -> submit civil documents -> interview. Good luck!
Amazon
11/26/2013 3:51:48 AM
Total Posts: 591
We will have to wait for updated demand data from USCIS before estimating when F2A category can move ahead. There is also a possibility that it could retrogress slightly in March or April VB. Tip: Each consulate (even in the same country) may have different processing time based on many criteria (number of applicants, number of officers, interview slots, etc). The best way is to check the GC tracker for applicants who are from same country and same consulate. That would give you a good idea on how long each step takes. You can also directly ask them questions (using the questions section located at the end of each case details).
Rajenamored
11/26/2013 5:28:20 AM
Thanks Amazon!!

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth