Forum Home > Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-130 Forum
Question Consular Interview
There are 6 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
soulmates
11/15/2013 1:04:34 AM
Total Posts: 29
Hi everyone. We completed submission to NVC and our priority is current so now we need to wait for NVC processing and to get the consular office scheduled. The instructions on the web suggest that both spouses attend the consular interview. Is this normal practice? Thanks to all for this wonderful blog.
princessa
11/15/2013 4:34:09 AM
Total Posts: 4
Hi how long did it take until case is completed? What is your PD?
Amazon
11/19/2013 12:12:49 AM
Total Posts: 591
[quote=soulmates;6459]Hi everyone. We completed submission to NVC and our priority is current so now we need to wait for NVC processing and to get the consular office scheduled. The instructions on the web suggest that both spouses attend the consular interview. Is this normal practice? Thanks to all for this wonderful blog.[/quote] Please see link below: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3744.html
soulmates
11/19/2013 1:12:13 AM
Total Posts: 29
Thanks Amazon. I am confused. Link you sent says applicant to go alone. But this particular consulate/embassy suggests for both to attend together and uses strong language "we strongly suggest" http://travel.state.gov/pdf/supplements/SDO-SUP-MULT-0001-0804.pdf I guess we have to wait for the appointment letter and see what it says. Thanks again and best regards.
Amazon
11/26/2013 3:43:41 AM
Total Posts: 591
If the consulate recommend both attending it, then it would be helpful to do that. This could be done a s a security/fraud prevention (to make sure it is not a fake marriage, all applicants are present, etc). The actual interview letter would give more details.
A2601
11/26/2013 5:34:14 AM
Total Posts: 55
pls share ur PD and embassy..how long it took to complete ur case @ NVC aftr submitting all documents.?

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth