Forum Home > Employment Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-485 / EAD / AP Forum
Question on how I-485's are processed
There are 7 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
hriyer
11/13/2013 8:34:45 PM
Total Posts: 2
Hi Amazon You mentioned once that applications are processed based on receipt date. But as I see the tracker, I find that people who have applied later have got 485 approved. Is there any way to find how these things work or what is my current case status other than the Acceptance i see on the website. Thanks Hari..
BrunoITA
11/14/2013 5:46:48 PM
Total Posts: 4
I'm wondering the same thing bro. I filed my I-485 2 months ago and neither AP nor EAD yet. It sucks
Amazon
11/18/2013 11:38:46 PM
Total Posts: 591
It is really long process. I will try to describe it in short summary. Once I-485 application is filed, it is assigned to USCIS officer. The USCIS officer may have lots of other cases to go through. In addition, there are many checks and verification done in each step. For some people, this is processed faster (example if person has MS degree from US, staying in US continuously for certain amount of time, etc). In addition, it also depends on when the officer decides to process the case (cases are processed in batches). If the USICS officer is on leave, the case is pending. Sometimes it is reassigned to another officer and it goes back to end of their queue. All these factors together determine the actual processing time.
S.F
11/19/2013 1:13:27 AM
Total Posts: 3
Hi amazon, If ead/ap is approved does it means that all background checks/fbi/names checks are cleared since it has fp printed on the card as well.If this is not the case then how long it usually takes for them to approve cases after ead approval.
Amazon
11/26/2013 3:29:38 AM
There is no direct relation between EAD approval and I-485 approval. Hence we cannot do a direct date estimates. Also many EAD/AP card do not have FP. FP is added to EAD/AP card if it is available at the time EAD card was printed. But even then it is optional. This means FO may not be added to EAD card, even if available at that time.
MyGCNow
11/30/2013 8:37:35 AM
Total Post: 1
Guys, What is FP on the EAD card? If FP finger print?
Amazon
11/30/2013 11:58:48 PM
Yes, FP is fingerprints. PS: I mistyped FP as FO in one of the post above.

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth