Forum Home > Employment Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-485 / EAD / AP Forum
I-485 Status is still in Acceptance after a week of FP
There are 8 posts in this topic. Total Reaction: 1
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
martabakeju
11/7/2013 3:24:36 PM
Total Posts: 4
Hello, Is it normal that my I-485 status is still in Acceptance, even after a week of FP? I'm hoping my Advanced Parole gets approved soon because I'm planning to travel abroad in a month.
BrunoITA
11/7/2013 5:22:17 PM
my I-485 is still under "acceptance" status after 2 months and I've not got the AP approval yet. So, are you going to be able to travel a month from now? 99% chance no
jeffjjoy
11/7/2013 7:16:38 PM
Total Posts: 2
Mine FP was finished a week ago as well and I'm still in the acceptance status but I did get my advanced parole approved a couple of weeks ago.
martabakeju
11/7/2013 9:36:17 PM
[quote=jeffjjoy;6413]Mine FP was finished a week ago as well and I'm still in the acceptance status but I did get my advanced parole approved a couple of weeks ago.[/quote] so your Advanced Parole got approved even before FP? wow that's great! ... May I know which Service Center you're in?
app_engine
11/7/2013 11:58:56 PM
Total Post: 1
[quote=martabakeju;6411]Hello, Is it normal that my I-485 status is still in Acceptance, even after a week of FP? I'm hoping my Advanced Parole gets approved soon because I'm planning to travel abroad in a month.[/quote] Quite normal. I filed applications for 485, EAD & AP all in wk1 of Aug. FP date given was Sep 23 and complied with. Then all of a sudden the status changed on Oct 2 when they ordered production of EAD/AP card (which arrived in another week). Likewise, the 485 application had been on "Acceptance" from the time they accepted in Aug. All of a sudden, yesterday (Nov 6th), it changed to "card ordered to production". Hopefully I should get the GC in a couple of weeks. So, keep looking forward! Also, register in the uscis for case status e-mails, you'll get the status change on e-mail :) Best wishes!
martabakeju
11/8/2013 3:42:30 AM
[quote=app_engine;6417][quote=martabakeju;6411]Hello, Is it normal that my I-485 status is still in Acceptance, even after a week of FP? I'm hoping my Advanced Parole gets approved soon because I'm planning to travel abroad in a month.[/quote] Quite normal. I filed applications for 485, EAD & AP all in wk1 of Aug. FP date given was Sep 23 and complied with. Then all of a sudden the status changed on Oct 2 when they ordered production of EAD/AP card (which arrived in another week). Likewise, the 485 application had been on "Acceptance" from the time they accepted in Aug. All of a sudden, yesterday (Nov 6th), it changed to "card ordered to production". Hopefully I should get the GC in a couple of weeks. So, keep looking forward! Also, register in the uscis for case status e-mails, you'll get the status change on e-mail :) Best wishes![/quote] Thank you so much for the info!
Candygirlburger
11/30/2013 11:02:12 PM
Total Posts: 5
Mine went from acceptance to card production then back to decision. Yours will probably move in a similar manner. Sign up for alerts so that you know when your file is touched. Mine was received on the 21st of august then nothing until November 27th. I got approved same day.
martabakeju
11/30/2013 11:04:42 PM
[quote=Candygirlburger;7487]Mine went from acceptance to card production then back to decision. Yours will probably move in a similar manner. Sign up for alerts so that you know when your file is touched. Mine was received on the 21st of august then nothing until November 27th. I got approved same day. [/quote] thank you for sharing your experience!

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth