Forum Home > Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > NVC / I-485 / EAD / AP Forum
Missed document
There are 7 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
Bmbt21
11/7/2013 6:46:09 AM
Total Posts: 5
Hi Amazon!! My case if found at final stage of NVC and I send all the required I-864 form, supporting documents and my original civil documdnts(birth, marriage certificate etc..)before two weeks. However, NVC send checklist to submit all documents those I send to before. So what shall I do to get my original document and I-864 documents? I need your and others experienced peoples help please? Thanks in advances!!
Amazon
11/10/2013 5:19:07 AM
Total Posts: 591
NVC only requires copies of the document (and not original document, unless they specifically asked for it). You can try contacting NVC and see if they will return original documents back. In meanwhile, also send copies of all documents that they asked you to send them.
Bmbt21
11/11/2013 12:35:20 PM
Hi Amazon! It is mandatory to send original civil documents in F2A visa application, if the agent/petitioner is living in USA. Anyway, after I posted my case here I called for NVC and told me they recivied all packets. So, shall I send copy of I-864 or wait until a few week? Thanks, I appreciate your job!!
walfredo
11/11/2013 2:23:50 PM
Total Posts: 43
"NVC only requires copies of the document (and not original document, unless they specifically asked for it)." In our case the NVC rejected notarized copies of civil documents, stating they needed [b]certified copies of originals[/b] OR [b]originals[/b]. From our experience, normal photocopies do [b]not[/b] work. Certified copies are copies obtained from original issuing authority that are then stamped to indicate authenticity. In the case of a country such as Ukraine, new, original documents were easier to obtain than certified copies, so we opted to just get new originals and send those. Your originals will be returned at your consulate interview (from what we understand). In your particular case, that letter that the NVC sent out, could be outdated. They may have sent it prior to receiving your civil documents. I recommend calling the NVC and asking if they have your documents, which documents they still need, and if applicable why any documents were rejected. We had some documents that were rejected because they were not certified copies (only notarized photocopies).
Bmbt21
11/11/2013 6:46:56 PM
Hi walfredo! Thanks for very clear and details explanation. I need to know about a locations that I sent my documents. I sent I-864 to NVC, Attn: DR and civil dicuments to NVC, Attn: CMR. So, am I correct?. additionally, after how many days required to review these documents?. Thanks!!
walfredo
11/11/2013 7:31:29 PM
Total Posts: 43
[quote=Bmbt21;6444]Hi walfredo! Thanks for very clear and details explanation. I need to know about a locations that I sent my documents. I sent I-864 to NVC, Attn: DR and civil dicuments to NVC, Attn: CMR. So, am I correct?. additionally, after how many days required to review these documents?. Thanks!![/quote] Sorry, I cant comment on the specific locations on where to send the documents. All I can say is send to the NVC address specified on your forms and/or letter you received from NVC. Civil documents get sent with a cover sheet and that cover sheet has the specified address on it. Im not sure on the exact number of days to review documents but I think in our case it was around 20 days. Also, I am by no means an expert on any of this and your specific situation may be different than our own, so take what I say with a grain of salt and take Amazon's advice when they chime in. Form i864 needs to be submitted (and bill paid) before interview can be scheduled. Make sure you attach your sponsors last year's tax return (2012 or 2013).
Amazon
11/18/2013 11:52:04 PM
Total Posts: 591
To check the typical processing time for each steps for NVC, please see the link below: http://blog.mygcvisa.com/2013/09/nvc-consular-processing-steps.html As walfredo said, each consulate may have different requirement. Always send the documents that they specifically asked you to send them.

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth