Forum Home > Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-130 Forum
i got i-130 interview letter from local office
There are 14 posts in this topic. Total Reactions: 2
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
<<PREV12NEXT>>Page 1 of 2
kk3405
10/7/2013 6:06:26 PM
Total Posts: 47
hi everyone! i just got a interview appointment letter(i-130) from local office but my question is im on consulate processing which means my wife is in my country now but letter said that i need to bring my wife for this interview.... im really confused.. now.. please help what do i need to do for this issue. thank you.
f2acamer
10/7/2013 7:01:14 PM
Total Posts: 20
[quote=kk3405;6169]hi everyone! i just got a interview appointment letter(i-130) from local office but my question is im on consulate processing which means my wife is in my country now but letter said that i need to bring my wife for this interview.... im really confused.. now.. please help what do i need to do for this issue. thank you. [/quote] Hmmm this is strange, but nothing is impossible with USCIS. Usually people are called for interview at the 130 stage when the beneficiary is in removal proceedings, but your beneficiary is not even in the states. Note that letters for interview are usually a generalized letter and they maybe items that do not apply to you. Yes the interview letter may state that petitioner should come along with the spouse, but that will be applicable only in cases that the spouse is present in the US. You will still have to go to your interview though. The fact they are calling you for an interview at this stage means one of 2 things: Either someone in USCIS has goofed up or USCIS is highly suspicious of your presumed relationship with your spouse. I will attend the interview with as much proof as I can possibly lay hands on to prove an ongoing relationship to my spouse. Good luck
Molly
10/7/2013 7:34:53 PM
Total Posts: 53
@kk firstly was your case approved if not then they are probably lacking evidence in your case you should check your case status and see if it has request for evidence good luck mine also has request for evidence they needed my marriage certificate and I am hoping for a fast approval
kk3405
10/7/2013 8:12:06 PM
hi molly! i have checked my status but it shows still intial review. this is my second marriage thats why i am called interview.. but i dont really worry about it ... i think after interview they will let us move on to decision process. thank you.
Gaby
10/7/2013 8:23:39 PM
Total Posts: 12
@ KK: Good luck to your interview. What was the date when they sent you the letter that your case was transferred and most likely you'll have an interview? It was sometime in August. When exactly they sent you the interview letter?
kk3405
10/7/2013 8:33:27 PM
@gaby i got transfer notice on 08/15/2013 my pd is 06/03/2013 i got this interview letter on 10/04/2013 im getting all evidence now.. lol it is not easy.. to get all information
Gaby
10/7/2013 8:36:38 PM
When is your interview?
Gaby
10/7/2013 8:47:28 PM
@f2acamer: You mentioned that: "Usually people are called for interview at the 130 stage when the beneficiary is in removal proceedings". Do you know what do they need at the interview for someone that is in removal proceedings? Or 2nd marriage?
kk3405
10/7/2013 9:10:57 PM
my interview will 10/21/2013 8:00am
Gaby
10/8/2013 12:45:10 AM
I wish you all the best and good lock seeing your wife ASAP!
f2acamer
10/8/2013 1:46:54 PM
Total Posts: 20
[quote=Gaby;6178]@f2acamer: You mentioned that: "Usually people are called for interview at the 130 stage when the beneficiary is in removal proceedings". Do you know what do they need at the interview for someone that is in removal proceedings? Or 2nd marriage?[/quote] You sound like this is a second marriage for you. Did you get your GC or citizanship through marriage, if so then there is a good chance that USCIS will usually want to find out that your first marriage was not for the purpose of obtaining a GC. This marriage based GC has been abused a lot such that USCIS tends to be suspicious at every turn. Yeah if you have been divorced, you have to bring all the official court documents showing that your marriage has been dissolved. I have seen cases where people got married first, get a GC, then divorce and turn around and try to marry someone else. USCIS then calls the first spouse to find out if they think the marriage might have been for the purpose of GC. If the first spouse says yes, they think their spouse dubbed them to get a GC, that will only go a long way to complicate things. Note that these are just scenarios, I do not know what your background is, any advice in my write up is purely general.... Good luck with your interview
kk3405
10/21/2013 8:27:56 PM
i just had my i-130 interview this morning! it was really bad :(( officer looks like middle of 30 years old spanish guy and i did all general things first then he started asked me about my ex-wife, how i got divorced and how i met and wanted me to show him all evidence about my ex-wife. so i showed him, apartment contract, joint bank account, joint car insureance, joint gym membership contract,joint 2years tax file, joint credit card, marriage pic(only 2 because i didnt keep it since i got seperated), then he said it is not enough evidence, and he said that he will give me another chance to have interview and wanted me to get more evidence, then i asked him what kind of evidence i must get for more detail then he said its up to you... i got really mad.. becasue there are nothing i can get more.. honestly.. then he started asking me about my current wife, like how we met, when, what types visa she had while she is in US(my wife is in my country now and we are doing consulate processing F@A) and i give him all answer,,, then he said say happy birthday to your wife, today was my wife`s b-day.. anyways.. then he said he will mail to me and my lawer decison soon but never said when... do you think i will pass or not..????? im having really hard time now... how long it will take to get answer from USCIS???? so painful.....:(((
<<PREV12NEXT>>Page 1 of 2

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth