Forum Home > Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-130 Forum
Government shutdown
There are 12 posts in this topic. Total Reactions: 9
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
CAC
9/23/2013 11:31:10 AM
Total Posts: 29
Hi amazon! I read an article on this site http://www.laborimmigration.com/2013/09/government-shutdown-and-immigration-how-will-it-affect-me-september-2013-edition/ How can this affect us if government shutdown will happen on oct 1st?[confused] [confused]
A2601
9/23/2013 1:50:45 PM
Total Posts: 55
waiting for amazon reply.[confused] [-o<
Amazon
9/23/2013 10:32:23 PM
Total Posts: 591
There is less than 5% chance of government shutdown. Democrats and Republicans have been fighting with each other and not agreeing on many things for many years now. Government will "shut down" only if they fail to agree on budget by Sept 30. What we have seen in last few years is that they can keep negotiating till Sept 30 midnight and then they will strike a deal to make sure government does not shutdown. So we would have to wait and watch. If government shuts down, it could means delays. Since USCIS is completely supported by fees from applicants, it does not have to rely on budget politics. This means USCIS will continue to operate (with no changes). Other department which relies on government funding (such as State Department) would either have fewer staff or shut down completely (this is rare). Also since USCIS depends on many other government agencies, USCIS processing time could increase (since it cannot process many things without staff in other departments).
CAC
9/23/2013 10:42:07 PM
There is less than 5% chance of government shutdown. Democrats and Republicans have been fighting with each other and not agreeing on many things for many years now. Government will "shut down" only if they fail to agree on budget by Sept 30. What we have seen in last few years is that they can keep negotiating till Sept 30 midnight and then they will strike a deal to make sure government does not shutdown. So we would have to wait and watch. If government shuts down, it could means delays. Since USCIS is completely supported by fees from applicants, it does not have to rely on budget politics. This means USCIS will continue to operate (with no changes). Other department which relies on government funding (such as State Department) would either have fewer staff or shut down completely (this is rare). Also since USCIS depends on many other government agencies, USCIS processing time could increase (since it cannot process many things without staff in other departments). HOW ABOUT NVC amazon ?
Amazon
9/23/2013 11:11:29 PM
NVC is likely to continue as usual. Tip: You can click on the "quote" button located on top right of each post to quote that post. :)
CAC
9/30/2013 10:17:54 PM
Hi amazon I'm browsing the net and I came across this site.. .http://www.state.gov/m/rls/2013/214880.htm Does it mean shutdown will likely to occur? pls help....
Amazon
10/1/2013 3:53:37 AM
I was thinking about posting that link. The link describes how DOS would operate in case their is a shutdown. It is equivalent to policy manual to be followed when the government has officially shutdown (in case Congress cannot agree on budget).
CAC
10/1/2013 8:55:21 AM
Amazon what do you think will happen to us now if shutdown will continue? Can we receive our case number? :'c
A2601
10/1/2013 9:30:53 AM
Total Posts: 55
I am totally depressed!!!when will this problems resolve?when can we expect a good news??how long will shut down continue? pls reply Amazon.....
Amazon
10/2/2013 1:31:59 AM
[quote=A2601;6138]I am totally depressed!!!when will this problems resolve?when can we expect a good news??how long will shut down continue? pls reply Amazon.....[/quote] It will be resolved as soon as republicans and democrats agree on the budget. USCIS/NVC should not be affected much by the government shutdown.
Amazon
10/2/2013 1:33:24 AM
[quote=CAC;6137]Amazon what do you think will happen to us now if shutdown will continue? Can we receive our case number? :'c[/quote] Yes. USCIS/NVC should continue to operate. Please see blog post below: http://blog.mygcvisa.com/2013/10/us-government-shutdown-and-how-it.html
CAC
10/2/2013 1:36:49 AM
Fingers cross hoping for the best

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth