8/20/2013 10:08:28 PM
Here it is some background:
I am an LPR and planning to get married first week of Sep. 2013. My wife is here in US on F1 visa and her visa expires in June 2014. I want to gather all the docs (I-130/I-485/EAD/AP)to submit by end of Sep. 2013 to use the "Current" status of F2A category. Here it is bunch of questions:
1) Do you think I have enough time to do this? specially if she has to do all the vaccines and we have to get the marriage certificate.
2) If we get to submit the package before end of Sep. 2013, how long does it take to receive her EAD/AP card? I just want to make sure she has an status to rely on when her F1 expires.
3) If F2A retrogresses in October 2013, does it affect the date of getting EAD/AP or it will just delays her I-485 approval?
4) I am thinking if we do not have enough time to do all the vaccines send the incomplete medical examination form and just respond to RFE. This way she can have EAD/Ap while I-485 is pending. What do you think about this? or do you think I should just wait and apply in next fiscal year?
Thanks for your help,
1. Yes, you have around 50 days.
2. It typically takes 2-3 months. According to GC Tracker, some people are getting it in 1 to 1.5 months.
3. F2A retrogression will not affect EAD/AP. However they can only approve I485 if PD is current.
4. I693 should take only 2-3 days. Typically it takes few hours and then you have to come back after 2 days to see TB test results.
I would recommend apply in the next few weeks. You have enough time to submit all required documents.
Swe was king enough to compile all lists she used for I-130 and I-485 documents:
You can also visit the blog for more tips on filing I485:
8/21/2013 6:36:05 PM
Thanks amazon for you answers.