Forum Home > Employment Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-485 / EAD / AP Forum
Order of GC issuance
There are 3 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
JD
8/13/2013 1:12:33 AM
Total Post: 1
Hi, My friend has a priority date of early 2010 and applied for his 485 just before the last retrogression. I think his case has been pre-adjudicated and is waiting for a visa number. My priority date is Dec 2007 and I just applied for my 485. Both are for the EB2 category. In your opinion, who do you think may get a green card earlier? A pre-adjudicated application with a later priority date or a recently applied application with a much earlier priority date? Thanks.
Amazon
8/15/2013 8:18:05 PM
Total Posts: 591
Every case is assigned to an officer. In short, it would depend on when the officer is able to process the application. They are supposed to go by I485 receipt date. If cases are preadjudicated they are supposed to by PD. In this case again it would depend on when the officer processes each case.
abc100
8/26/2013 2:11:54 PM
Total Posts: 3
You will get the GC sooner than your friend. Because, assume the PD stays in 2008 June till next month. If they complete processing your application, then you will get GC within next month. Assume it retrogresses next month. After one year, in July 2014, they moved PD to December 2008. Again, you will only GC first as both of your cases might be preadjudicated,but your PD is earlier than his one. At any cost, if they move PD, next year or next month, they will cross your date first and then only 2010 comes. So he will be getting only in 2015 August or 2016 August, to my calculation. Thanks abc100

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth