Forum Home > Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-130 Forum
Filling I-130 and I-485 concurrently
There is 1 post in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
Be the first person to add a reply.
QuestionMark
8/6/2013 7:52:03 PM
Total Post: 1
Hi, I am very excited about F2A being current. However, I have a few questions. Let's describe my situation. I am a LPR (green card holder), planning to get married with my fiancee, who is international graduate student at a good university. We are planning to take advantage of this special occasion for F2A. After reading the blog here, several website, I know that since the F2A is current, we can file I-130 and I-485 concurrently. With this my fiancee will obtain her EAD and AP. Here, I have some questions. 1. I believe it will take several months (4 to 8 or more) till her I-130 be processed. At that time, probably the date for F2A is retrogressed to date before Aug 2013. In this case, her I-130 will not be processed until the F2A date reaches Aug 2013. Am I right? Does this mean it will mostly take her about 2 or more years to obtain her GC? 2. Since she is international student with F1 visa, she need to proof that she has no intention of immigrate to maintain her student visa. What happen after submitting the application and obtaining AP and EAD? Can she still go to school? Is she still considered international student? Is her student visa still valid? 3. I believe after receiving EAD and AP, she can travel and work. Am I right? How should she tell the custom when she is entering US at airport after travel. Should she enter US with her AP or student visa. Thank you ahead! I really want to take advantage of this special occasion at the same time I want to be sure that doing this does not affect her status (can continue her study legally). If I mentioned some wrong information, please kindly correct me. Thanks you very much!

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth