Forum Home > Employment Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-485 / EAD / AP Forum
I485/GC processing
There are 2 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
hriyer
8/3/2013 1:58:50 AM
Total Posts: 2
Hi I checked the forums / other links but didn't find an exact answer. Q: What is difference between adjudication and approval of I485? I applied this month for I485 and my priority date is 4th March 2005. I dont know if in Oct or Nov, my date will still be current. If the date is not current and my I 485 is not adjudicated, what happens? When my priority date becomes current next, does it take start again all over and if my priority is not current by the time it gets adjudicated, does it again go into the loop? Also with so many people applying now, how does the applications get picked. Is it random or based on priority date? Thanks Hari
Amazon
8/6/2013 10:06:47 PM
Total Posts: 591
[quote=hriyer;2458]Hi I checked the forums / other links but didn't find an exact answer. Q: What is difference between adjudication and approval of I485? [/quote] Great questions. Adjudication means USCIS have finish processing the case (they can either approve or reject). Approval means they have approved the case. [quote] I applied this month for I485 and my priority date is 4th March 2005. I dont know if in Oct or Nov, my date will still be current. If the date is not current and my I 485 is not adjudicated, what happens? [/quote] If date retrogress after filing I485, USCIS could continue to process the application. They would also issue EAD/AP (if you sent those forms). USCIS first priority is to work on application which are current. When they have free time, they would work on other cases, [quote] When my priority date becomes current next, does it take start again all over and if my priority is not current by the time it gets adjudicated, does it again go into the loop? [/quote] If they finish processing the application, they would preadjudicate it. [quote] Also with so many people applying now, how does the applications get picked. Is it random or based on priority date? Thanks Hari [/quote] If applications are preadjudicated, USCIS would go by PD. Else they go by I-485 receipt date. These two links would be helpful: http://blog.mygcvisa.com/2013/07/fb-category-frequently-asked-questions.html http://blog.mygcvisa.com/2013/07/what-is-demand-data.html

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth