Forum Home > Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-130 Forum
Filing I-485 From Philippines
There are 2 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
Reignizar
7/26/2013 2:20:42 AM
Total Post: 1
I am the petitioner(husband) and my wife is still in the Philippines. I live in California, but... I found a job here in Guam. I am currently working here. [b]Do I have to go back in California to file I-485 or I can file I-485 at the USCIS office here in Guam?[/b] [b]Am I inside or outside US since Guam is only a US territory?[/b] I-485 applications (or consular processing interviews) is only possible when visa bulletin is after your PD or date is "Current" [b]For example, my wife PD is 17AUG2012 and the date today is SEPT 1, 2013.... this means visa bulletin is after my wife's PD or date is "Current". Am I eligible to file I-485 Application(or consular processing interview) while my wife I-130 is still pending? And she's still residing in the Philippines. [/b] Once it is after your PD(my wife PD)or you are current, you can file the I-485 application if you are inside US. [b]Who should be inside US? I, as the petitioner(husband) or my wife which is the applicant? Since I'm here in GUAM.. [/b] If you live outside US, you will have to wait for I-130 to be approved. Once that is approved by USCIS office, NVC will set up the interview. [b]Which one is faster? Wait for my wife I-130 to be approved or file an I-485 Application(or consular processing interview) at the USCIS office here in Guam? If I file I-485... will she get her NOA2 sooner rather than waiting for the approval of her I-130?[/b] Thanks Amazon
Amazon
7/26/2013 2:32:44 AM
Total Posts: 591
[quote=Reignizar;2369] [b]Do I have to go back in California to file I-485 or I can file I-485 at the USCIS office here in Guam?[/b] [b]Am I inside or outside US since Guam is only a US territory?[/b] [b]For example, my wife PD is 17AUG2012 and the date today is SEPT 1, 2013.... this means visa bulletin is after my wife's PD or date is "Current". Am I eligible to file I-485 Application(or consular processing interview) while my wife I-130 is still pending? And she's still residing in the Philippines. [/b] [b]Who should be inside US? I, as the petitioner(husband) or my wife which is the applicant? Since I'm here in GUAM.. [/b] [/quote] If the applicant is outside US, she can only go for consular processing. It does not matter where the petitioner is located. Since she is outside US, you cannot file I-485 application. [quote] If you live outside US, you will have to wait for I-130 to be approved. Once that is approved by USCIS office, NVC will set up the interview. [b]Which one is faster? Wait for my wife I-130 to be approved or file an I-485 Application(or consular processing interview) at the USCIS office here in Guam? If I file I-485... will she get her NOA2 sooner rather than waiting for the approval of her I-130?[/b] [/quote] You do not have a choice. She has to go for consular processing. If she was inside US, you can decide either file I-485 or go for consular processing.

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth