Forum Home > Employment Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-485 / EAD / AP Forum
Add a future spouse to the GC petition?
There are 6 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
zorkaxo
7/22/2013 1:11:30 AM
Total Posts: 20
Hello, I am currently on EB3ROW with a PD of 01/2012. PERM and I-140 are approved (with just me on the petition). My girlfriend is French and living in the USA with a F1 visa. Ideally I would like to have her on my petition so she can get the green card at the same time as I get it. By when do we need to get married to I can edit my petition and add her? Do we have to be married when I file the I-485, and can I add her at that time?
Amazon
7/22/2013 9:46:00 PM
Total Posts: 591
You can add her anytime before USCIS approves I-485 application. Current processing time for I-485 is 4 months. So you can add her application even 3 months after filing I-485. The processing time can change every month. So it would help to check that.
zorkaxo
7/22/2013 10:13:41 PM
Sweet, I don't have to marry her any time soon [lol]
Amazon
7/22/2013 10:49:07 PM
LOL...You should email her link to this URL. Just kidding - do not do that. [biggrin]
zorkaxo
11/23/2013 7:18:50 PM
[quote=Amazon;2338]LOL...You should email her link to this URL. Just kidding - do not do that. [biggrin] [/quote] Alright, I may become current next month. And will propose to my girlfriend very soon :-) Just as per your knowledge: can they flag my case if they see we got married days before I file for the I-485 (looking suspicious)? We have been together for 3 years and are in love (and living together for 2 years) so it should be easy that it is not a fake marriage, but wanted to double-check what you thought about that. Thanks! PS: what's the average current processing time those days? I am EB3ROW (France).
Amazon
11/26/2013 3:34:38 AM
They should not flag case based just on the marriage date. You only have to prove the marriage was valid and legal. If they have suspicion, they can set up an in person interview. Many people get married after filing the I-485 application, but before the approval is made. So you should be fine (and congrats too) :) Currently the average I-485 application processing time is 4 months. Some are getting approved in just 2 months and others are taking little longer.

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth