My EB2 India Priority Date is [b]Jul-01-2010[/b]. I am working as a consultant (Not a full time employee). My Client is interested in recruiting me as a Full Time Employee for last two years and i have been saying No to them as I was waiting for EB2 to move to my Priority Date. But Now they wanted to eliminate contractors and asked me again for a Full time position ( I think, it will be the last time). I wanted to get some help from you guys to make the decision on whether to join or wait. The Offer is better in all the ways compared to the existing one. But I will have wait for them to start my PERM and I-140. Typically that takes 6 Months for them to begin.
What do you guys suggest?
Thanks in Advance.
Currently people porting from EB3 India to EB2 India is using up all available quota of around 2802 visas allotted every year to EB2 India. The only way for EB2 India to move forward is if it gets spillovers from EB and FB category.
Please read these two blog posts in following order:
EB2 India: http://blog.mygcvisa.com/2013/02/eb2-india-analysis-and-prediction.html
Part 1 and 2: http://blog.mygcvisa.com/2013/06/eb2-india-prediction-2013-2014.html
This should give you a good idea of what is going on with EB2 India. If the current porting rate continues or increases, it could more than 10 years before it reaches the PD above.
There is a similar thread listing pros and cons of switching employers while on H1 visa.