Forum Home > Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > NVC / I-485 / EAD / AP Forum
AILA reports f2A visa retrogression
There are 3 posts in this topic. Total Reaction: 1
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
CAC
12/21/2013 12:59:00 PM
Total Posts: 29
12/19/2013: AILA Reports F-2A Visa Retrogrssion Later in FY 2014 AILA reports that according the State Department, F-2A family 2nd visa preference for the spouses and children of permanent residents is likely to regress in the last quarter of FY 2014 (July-September 2014) for the worldwide category, and in early 2014 for the Mexicans. Careful readers of recent USCIS processing times must have noticed that the USCIS has been processing this category of I-130 and I-485 applications in a fairly shorter processing time than I-130 and I-485 applications for the spouses and children of U.S. citizens, implying that the visa numbers for F-2A have been consumed fairly rapidly recently. This trend has helped the family members of permanent residents to achieve their long-conceived dreams of family unification in a short period of time, even shorter than the family members of the U.S. citizens. This unusual patterm may not last too long, though. Hi amazon! Is this true? TIA...[confused]
Amazon
12/28/2013 11:24:33 PM
Total Posts: 591
Yes, it is true. I will be adding a blog post exclusive to f2a category.
Vijay
12/30/2013 5:04:57 AM
Total Post: 1
[quote=Amazon;7616]Yes, it is true. I will be adding a blog post exclusive to f2a category.[/quote] Please don't say that F2A demand was exceeded and hence it will be retrogressed. That is known to people. Retrogression happens when demand exceeds and ain't rocket science. :-) What would be helpful and unique would be to work out the math/numbers based on Demand Data to say based on the numbers that will cause the retrogression and when will it move.

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth