Forum Home > Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-130 Forum
Received my I-130 approval notice but says not eligible for AOS
There are 4 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
Preethi
12/14/2013 1:27:24 PM
Total Posts: 9
Hello guys, I just received my I-130 approval notice from Nebraska Service Center and the language on it is very confusing: it states: "The above petition (i-130) has been approved. The petition indicates that the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status. The evidence indicates that he or she is not eligible to file an adjustment of status applications. This determination is based on the information submitted with the petition and any relating files." If you think he or she is eligible to AOS please contact nearest Field Office. .. I am on AOS(employment based) and entered USA using AP.Never out of status. What should I do. Thanks.
Amazon
12/17/2013 7:47:01 AM
Total Posts: 591
You should call USCIS and explain this to them. They would be able to help you. You can also take infopass appointment and meet with them face to face.
Preethi
12/18/2013 7:54:34 PM
Total Posts: 9
Thank you very much for your time and help. I got the mail from NVC to fill out DS 260/261. If i am interested in AOS should notify them. should i write like" "Request to Transfer Immigrant Visa Processing from National Visa Center to USCIS. Applicant is currently in the United States & filed Adjustment of Status." or Withdraw Immigrant Visa Processing from National Visa Center. Applicant is currently in the United States & filed Adjustment of Status." Documents: I-485 reciept and I-130 approved receipt and I-94. Thanks your time and help.
Amazon
12/28/2013 10:57:48 PM
Total Posts: 591
Use the option 1 to write to them. You can also try to call them and ask them to transfer the case. This may take a while.

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth