Forum Home > Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-130 Forum
I-130 approved, but USCIS says not eligible to file AOS
There are 8 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
f2acamer
8/31/2013 3:47:40 AM
Total Posts: 20
Hello guys, I just received my I-130 approval notice from Nebraska Service Center and the language on it is very confusing: it states: [i][b]"The above petition (i-130) has been approved. The petition indicates that the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status. The evidence indicates that he or she is not eligible to file an adjustment of status applications. This determination is based on the information submitted with the petition and any relating files." "Because the person for whom you are petitioning is not eligible to adjust, we have sent the approved petition to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC), NVC processes all approved immigrant visa which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. NVC will then forward the approved petition to that consulate. This completes all USCIS action on this petition. If you have any questions about visa issuance, please contact NVC directly. Please allow 90 days before contacting the National Visa center regarding your petition. The NVC will communicate with the person for whom you are petitioning concerning further immigrant visa processing steps. "[/b][/i] This is very strange bc the beneficiary has a valid F1 status in the United States. Anyone from NSC or elsewhere has received a similar message on their NOA2? Please share your experience, I plan to create a service request to get this rectified ASAP. Amazon, please what's your take on this?
Molly
8/31/2013 1:17:29 PM
Total Posts: 53
@f2acamer was your case transferred from Vermont service center to nabraska if so can you share with us your PD and when your case was transferred Thank you
f2acamer
8/31/2013 1:31:16 PM
Total Posts: 20
It was transferred to NSC in mid August and approved on 08/27. Just less than 2 weeks after transfer.
Molly
8/31/2013 1:41:14 PM
@f2acamer can you share your PD
A2601
8/31/2013 2:03:02 PM
Total Posts: 55
my pd is 5/23/2013 in VSC . i didnt recieve any transfer notice yet.[confused]
Molly
8/31/2013 2:16:05 PM
@A2601 my pd is 31 dec 2012 and it was transferred from Vermont to Nabraska on 16 august 2013 I just hope I get approval soon
Preethi
12/14/2013 1:22:53 PM
Total Posts: 9
Hi, i RECEIVED SAME MESSAGE . wHAT HAPPEND TO YOUR CASE. APPRICIATE YOUR RESPONSE. i AM CURRNTLY ON AOS(eMPLOYMENT BASED) tHANKS pREETHI
Amazon
12/17/2013 7:43:37 AM
Total Posts: 591
f2acamer case was approved. Check the GC tracker for more details. http://www.mygcvisa.com/tracker/ You can also click his name and then click on user profile to see more details.

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth