Forum Home > Employment Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-485 / EAD / AP Forum
Surprise Status change for I-485 (EB2 Employment)
There are 3 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
Abhishek1
10/28/2013 7:15:12 PM
Total Posts: 2
Hi Guys - So this morning I received an Update status text on my I-485 application. It used to be in "Initial Review" and this morning it magically moved to Card/Document in production status. Other cases (I-131 and 765) remain unchanged to "Initial Review". My lawyer confirms USCIS is issuing me a Green card and apparently my case is approved! (skipping EAD card !?) My question to all of you out there: have you had the same experience? PD: May 23 2008 Applied for AOS : Sep 2 2013 FP : Oct 3 2013 Needless to say i'm ecstatic but honestly i'm quite surprised how quickly they've approved me and my wife's case after reading everywhere about backlogs,processing times,etc. Good luck to everyone out there! Regards, Abhishek.
Abhishek1
10/28/2013 8:21:09 PM
Total Posts: 2
Just received a new notification for APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION (I-765) as Card/Document Production. Does this all mean that these messages are just for EAD and not Green Card which i thought before? Thanks, Abhishek.
Amazon
10/31/2013 6:14:31 AM
Total Posts: 591
Actually each application (I-485, EAD/AP, etc) will have its own receipt number. If the I-485 application says that card has been ordered, that means it has been approved. It is not unusal for them to "approved" AD/AP after GC has been approved. Updates are donw in batches, so sometimes EAD takes longer to update. Also if you check out the GC tracker and blog post comments, many cases have been approved in around 60 days. You can also call USCIS to confirm the update.

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth