Forum Home > Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > NVC / I-485 / EAD / AP Forum
130 approved but USCIS says not eligible to adjust status
There are 30 posts in this topic. Total Reactions: 5
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
<<PREV123NEXT>>Page 2 of 3
f2acamer
10/7/2013 11:59:01 AM
Total Posts: 20
Hi Layla, I just called the NVC this morning and was notified that my file was returned to USCIS last Friday October 4th. I asked specifically what office and since my local office is Philly, however she was not sure and asked me to call USCIS to find out the specific office since they now have the file again. Well I am guessing it might have been sent to NBC since that is where all FB-AOS are processed initially. If I were you I will keep calling them every two weeks, and the best time to call is early morning before 8 AM, as wait time is less than 5 mins. If you call during the day be prepared to wait for at least 30 mins b4 talking to a live person. NVC can be reached @ 603-334-0700 Good luck!
layla
10/7/2013 1:34:22 PM
Total Posts: 21
[quote=f2acamer;6167]Hi Layla, I just called the NVC this morning and was notified that my file was returned to USCIS last Friday October 4th. I asked specifically what office and since my local office is Philly, however she was not sure and asked me to call USCIS to find out the specific office since they now have the file again. Well I am guessing it might have been sent to NBC since that is where all FB-AOS are processed initially. If I were you I will keep calling them every two weeks, and the best time to call is early morning before 8 AM, as wait time is less than 5 mins. If you call during the day be prepared to wait for at least 30 mins b4 talking to a live person. NVC can be reached @ 603-334-0700 Good luck![/quote] Thanks f2acamer, ill call them. I think ill send them an email as well just to double check with my I-130 approval notice, H1B approval, and I-485 receipt and also call them. Just got my interview date for November. Now praying the visa bulletin stays put or moves forward....
f2acamer
10/7/2013 7:05:19 PM
Total Posts: 20
You will be fine, the interview date will stay put for a couple of months. The note from DOS was that any retrogression will not affect anyone who filed in August or September. My guess is that they will try to keep the cutoff date at September 2013 for a few months to accommodate all August/September 2013 filers. Congrats on your interview date. My EAD and AP just got approved today as well.
Everest
10/9/2013 2:03:06 PM
Total Posts: 22
[quote=layla;6157][quote=Everest;6150][quote=f2acamer;4003]once NVC receives the case file, they will process it and contact you to pay some fees since they will be assuming that you are going through CP. Once they contact you, you will inform them that you are doing AOS and give them your 485 receipt number. At that point, they will hang onto the file until USCIS request for it. It may take 3- 4 weeks min for NVC to contact you, so hopefully by then you will have gotten your receipt number.[/quote] Guys, FYI: I am among one of those who have the similar issue related to AOS. My benificiary is in US in a valid F1 status.We applied for AOS (F2a- lpr Spouse)and got the acceptance receipt. I got I-130 receipt 3 weeks after i-485 acceptance and it said that "I-130 has been approved and sent to NVC for further processing". I did however include all documents related to F1 along with I-130 form. So I contacted NVC via email and stated my situation. After 2 weeks they replied back and asked me a copy of my I-130 and then they replied me again saying that they have sent my case back to USCIS. So I think it is a pre-requisite to notify NVC if you are willing to do AOS (in case your beneficiary resides in US in a valid non-immigrant status) or else they will start the process for consular Processing. [/quote] Hi everest, could you please post the email address you sent it to... Just so we can check if the case is sent back to Uscis already or I need to send them more information. Thanks.. [/quote] Hi there, Email them at [email protected] and write your USCIS receipt number as the "Subject". You also need to mention the name and date of birth of both the "Beneficiary" and "Petitioner". They will reply your email within 2 weeks.
layla
10/10/2013 12:15:48 AM
[quote=Everest;6192] Hi there, Email them at [email protected] and write your USCIS receipt number as the "Subject". You also need to mention the name and date of birth of both the "Beneficiary" and "Petitioner". They will reply your email within 2 weeks. [/quote] Ok great! Thats the same email address i used previously. Thanks
layla
10/10/2013 12:17:28 AM
[quote=f2acamer;6171]You will be fine, the interview date will stay put for a couple of months. The note from DOS was that any retrogression will not affect anyone who filed in August or September. My guess is that they will try to keep the cutoff date at September 2013 for a few months to accommodate all August/September 2013 filers. Congrats on your interview date. My EAD and AP just got approved today as well.[/quote] Congratulations F2acamer... I see your I-485 have been approved!!!! Congratulations once again!!!
layla
10/11/2013 8:35:03 PM
[quote=f2acamer;6167]Hi Layla, I just called the NVC this morning and was notified that my file was returned to USCIS last Friday October 4th. I asked specifically what office and since my local office is Philly, however she was not sure and asked me to call USCIS to find out the specific office since they now have the file again. Well I am guessing it might have been sent to NBC since that is where all FB-AOS are processed initially. If I were you I will keep calling them every two weeks, and the best time to call is early morning before 8 AM, as wait time is less than 5 mins. If you call during the day be prepared to wait for at least 30 mins b4 talking to a live person. NVC can be reached @ 603-334-0700 Good luck![/quote] Hi F2camer, i called and they said i should send an inquiry to the email everest provided. Right now not sure where my file is or dont know where it is. I wonder if ill get a response soon. I am glad about the VB this month.
Amazon
10/13/2013 10:38:18 PM
Total Posts: 591
Due to large volume of emails NVC receive every day, it could take 1-2 weeks to respond back. Make sure to include all your important information when you email them. This way they can authenticate you and send you the correct reply.
layla
10/17/2013 2:50:51 PM
This morning, we received an email from NVC to pay fees and fill in form DS 261. I called them once again to let them know ill be adjusting status here and also sent another email this morning. I was directed to call USCIS, saying NVC cannot transfer my file until USCIS requests for it. When i called USCIS i was told i have to contact my local USCIS office in Texas, and they have to request for the transfer Pretty much the officer told me, i should go for my interview and after the interview the field office will request for my file from the state, which may delay approval. Another option is either to do an info pass (we live 4 hrs away from local field office) or write a letter requesting my files to be transfered from NVC to local office before the interview so hopefully someone can take care of it before then. Right now, am in the process of writing a letter and putting together documents to mail to local field office.
layla
11/8/2013 7:20:29 PM
Went for my interview on Wednesday, not so great. Asked us the common questions, how we met, what my job entails, date of birth and I-485 questions. She couldnt make a decision because she did not have my I-130 file despite me calling. I was told by NVC that it was sent to USCIS on October 28th. However, she made a copy of my approved I-130 and said she may be able to make an approval from this but she will have to review my file and go through all the documents again making sure we dont miss anything. If anything is wrong she will contact us in few days, if we dont hear from her in few days, we should get an approval in about 2 weeks. So the waiting continues for us!
Amazon
11/10/2013 5:31:17 AM
Total Posts: 591
That is good news. Since the copy of I-130 that you provided them is the same copy they would get from USCIS, it should be fine. Also since PD is current, they should be able to approve I-485. If you have time, could you post the questions they asked in your case details page? Thank you. [biggrin]
Preethi
12/18/2013 7:47:43 PM
Total Posts: 9
Hi All/f2acame/layla/Everest, Pelase help me. I am in the same situation. I am currently in USA (maintaining status) but got approved I-130 with not eligible to AOS. What should I include in the email to NVC and also documents to attach. should i write like" "Request to Transfer Immigrant Visa Processing from National Visa Center to USCIS. Applicant is currently in the United States & filed Adjustment of Status." Documents: I-485 reciept and I-130 approved receipt and I-94. Thanks your time and help.
<<PREV123NEXT>>Page 2 of 3

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth