Forum Home > Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > NVC / I-485 / EAD / AP Forum
RFE suddenly vanish??
There are 7 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
butters
9/19/2013 4:47:16 PM
Total Posts: 14
We had a RFE issued on the last week of August which we did not recieve. We had a service request and I also had the address for the I-485 changed. They told that they will re-issue the RFE to the new address after the service request was approved. After two weeks the case status suddenly changes to Testing and Interview? Dont we need to see the RFE?? Did they decide not to further push on the RFE? Amazon Please help.
butters
9/23/2013 4:18:56 PM
anybody in the same boat or any idea?
Amazon
9/23/2013 9:59:51 PM
Total Posts: 591
Sorry for the delay. Did you try calling USCIS and asking them about this? When they opened the SR, did they say when RFE copy would reach you?
butters
9/24/2013 1:20:38 AM
yeah they did tell me that they will re-dispatch the RFE again to the new address. But instead after a week the status updated to address changed and then a week after it changed to interview and testing. Is it possible that they cancelled the RFE afterall or do I need to call them and ask about it?? I am really confused.
Amazon
9/24/2013 4:21:47 AM
I would recommend calling them again just to confirm. If from their side, if they have sent RFE, they would be expecting you to reply to RFE. It is not recommended to ignore RFE. Hence it would be a good idea to call them and clarify. You can also go directly for infopass appointment.
butters
9/24/2013 3:24:43 PM
I got a interview scheduled on the last week of October. Does the interview get scheduled until you dont respond to RFE ????? I am so much confused and a lil bit scared to call. May be they will put the case on further hold if I call? I dont know. Please help.
Amazon
9/26/2013 6:18:33 AM
When you call USCIS, you would talk to Level 1 operator. They can only provide information about your case status. They cannot do any changes themselves to the case. Another option is to go for infopass appointment where you can meet with them in person and ask them the question.

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth