Forum Home > Employment Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-485 / EAD / AP Forum
address conflict
There are 4 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
butters
9/14/2013 4:03:56 PM
Total Posts: 14
My spouse and me we go to school in different state. I was staying at her place during summer and we got married, I came back and hence changed my address. She also changed her address in I-485 to mine because we did not recieve I-130 reciept and RFE in that address. Just to avoid the chance of losing that letters, we changed her address to mine as well. Now how big will the problem be if she doesnt really live here but change her address to mine? She plans to come on holidays though. Please help. Do I need to hire a lawyer for the case?
Amazon
9/16/2013 4:02:14 AM
Total Posts: 591
You should be fine; as long as the letters reaches the new address. It is also helpful for spouse to have same address as her husband.
butters
9/16/2013 7:53:21 PM
Total Posts: 14
Thankx amazon but I have one more question. would not it be cheating them because she doesnt really live here and goes to school in a different state. We are really worried about it. We did not intend that way but it just happened.What should we do?
Amazon
9/18/2013 6:06:01 AM
Total Posts: 591
Technically she has two different address: (1) one where you live and (2) where she is currently studying. So as long as she receives some mails at both address, she can put down any address. If she only receives mail at one address, she could mention that address. You can also talk to lawyer about this.

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth