Forum Home > Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > NVC / I-485 / EAD / AP Forum
RFE issued but not recieved
There are 6 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
butters
9/6/2013 6:09:16 PM
Total Posts: 14
I have my case status as RFE issued on aug 27 but have not recieved it yet. I did not recieve the I-130 reciept and my case status on I-130 says it was returned from the post office on aug 29. I contacted the post office but they say they dont have any mails. I am so worried what to do about it. Any suggestions please?
Amazon
9/7/2013 3:17:51 AM
Total Posts: 591
It looks like they may not have the correct address on file, if you are not getting any postal mails from USCIS. I would recommend calling USCIS and do a change of address to your current address. Also ask them to resend the I-130 approval notice to new address. Remember to tell them you haven't received any mails from USCIS.
butters
9/9/2013 3:47:25 AM
No that is not the case either, I received the notice for biometric, reciept for I-485 and i-765 in the same address but not the receipt for I-130 and the RFE. My case status for I-130 now says "[color=darkred][b][i]On August 29, 2013, the post office returned the notice we last sent you on this case I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent."[/i][/b][/color]
Amazon
9/9/2013 5:40:14 PM
You should call the number listed above and ask them to resend it to correct address. Sometimes USCIS or postal service can make mistakes.
butters
9/12/2013 7:28:46 PM
A service request was placed and they told me that it will take about a month before the RFE can be issued again. Is this normal for other cases????? So it means I will have to wait for about 45 days just to get the RFE and may be 10 more days to respond to it. I also changed my address before the service request. How does this delay my case so much. They also told that NBC is having a major delay at the moment.
Amazon
9/16/2013 4:05:08 AM
I am assuming you changed the address at the same time you asked them to send RFE letter to you. Sometimes it takes few days for the system to update with new address.

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth