Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Share
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Kamil  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 3:03:16 AM(UTC)
Kamil

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 7/13/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1
Canada
Location: ottawa

Hi there,

i am Turkish citizen living in canada on a student visa, i have received my green card in april 2012 and got married oct12, im still in canada with my wife, i have entered usa a few times after i have received my GC but still didnt immigrate there, i was waiting to finish my school and now im done with my school and im planning on immigrating the florida.

my questions are;

** when i file i-130, do you think showing some funds in bank (50-60.000usd) would be enough since i dont have any income or job in usa,

** and after i have filed i-130 for my wife, how long will it take till i get approved or to hear an answer from them,

** will i catch this chance of *current f2a's? or it wont apply to me?

** and is there any service center that youd recommend me sending my application to make the process faster, ( i dont have to move to florida, can be any other state)

thanks in advance :)
Offline mjp  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 2:57:10 PM(UTC)
mjp

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 7/14/2013(UTC)
Posts: 2
United States
Location: california

hi amazon! Since f2a will remain current for several months, should I marry my bf in the Philippines asap then file I-130 as soon as I get back here or just wait till I become a us citizen which will be two years from now. Please advise. Thanks in advance!
Offline Amazon  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 12:02:35 PM(UTC)
Amazon

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 5/31/2013(UTC)
Posts: 591

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kamil Go to Quoted Post
Hi there,

i am Turkish citizen living in canada on a student visa, i have received my green card in april 2012 and got married oct12, im still in canada with my wife, i have entered usa a few times after i have received my GC but still didnt immigrate there, i was waiting to finish my school and now im done with my school and im planning on immigrating the florida.


If you are outside US for more than 1 year continuously, you will need rentry permit to enter US.

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/B5en.pdf

Quote:

my questions are;

** when i file i-130, do you think showing some funds in bank (50-60.000usd) would be enough since i dont have any income or job in usa,

If the sponsor does not have sufficient fund, you can use a cosponsor. Please see this forum thread: http://www.mygcvisa.com/....aspx?g=posts&t=1043

Quote:

** and after i have filed i-130 for my wife, how long will it take till i get approved or to hear an answer from them,


Processing time for I-130 depends on service center.

Quote:

** will i catch this chance of *current f2a's? or it wont apply to me?


You can file I-130 application and I-485 application (or go for consular processing) when PD is current.

Quote:

** and is there any service center that youd recommend me sending my application to make the process faster, ( i dont have to move to florida, can be any other state)

thanks in advance :)


You will have to send it to Chicago lockbox. They will redirect to service center.

Please remember to add your case to the GC tracker: http://www.mygcvisa.com/tracker
Offline Amazon  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 12:05:37 PM(UTC)
Amazon

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 5/31/2013(UTC)
Posts: 591

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mjp Go to Quoted Post
hi amazon! Since f2a will remain current for several months, should I marry my bf in the Philippines asap then file I-130 as soon as I get back here or just wait till I become a us citizen which will be two years from now. Please advise. Thanks in advance!


You can file I-130 application and later upgrade to IR-1 when you become US Citizen. Please see this for more information:

http://travel.state.gov/.../types/types_2991.html#5
Please remember to add your case to the GC tracker: http://www.mygcvisa.com/tracker
Offline mjp  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 6:18:12 PM(UTC)
mjp

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 7/14/2013(UTC)
Posts: 2
United States
Location: california

thanks for the advice 😊
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2019, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.136 seconds.
Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth