Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Share
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Swe  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2013 9:36:59 PM(UTC)
Swe

Rank: Member

Joined: 7/5/2013(UTC)
Posts: 33
United States
Location: California

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Firstly, I'd like to thank Amazon for putting information out and helping. You are a saviorBigGrin I have been reading your blogs:
August 2013 predictions, F2A analysis, and I-485 Process: Documents, Filing, FP, RFE, EAD, AP, Tracking, etc. They are very informative and are helping me prepare my application folder myself. Can't thank you enough. BigGrin.

My current status is H1B and my spouse is an LRP(green card). So, in March 2013, I went ahead and prepared my I - 130 Folder and sent it and got my PD in March 2013.

Below is the checklist I included for I - 130
-Copy of marriage cert
-A passport-style color photo of yourself and a passport-
style color photo of your spouse
-A completed and signed Form G-325A, Biographic
Information, for you and a Form G-325A for your
spouse
- F1 DOCS
- I20s & Graduate cert, opt cards
- H1 DOCS
- h1b latest
- resume
- paystubs (last 2 months at that time)
- W2 latest
- passport copy
- Misc Docs
- Driver's License
- SSN etc
- two photos from our wedding ceremony.
-form G - 1145
-form I - 130
-The check or money order $420.

Currently, I am making my packet for I-485 ready to send out any time my PD becomes current. and below is the complete checklist I am planning to send(finalized these, with respect to my case, after reading your blog: I-485 Process: Documents, Filing, FP, RFE, EAD, AP, Tracking, etc ):
1.) I-485 form
2.) Filing Fees (per person) for I-485 Form(money order):
a. Age: 14 to 79 years: $985 + $85 (biometric fees) = $1070
3.) Form G-325A (for me only)
4.) Copy of birth certificate
5.) 6 identical recent passport color photos
6.) Form I-693 Medical Examination (signed and sealed by USCIS designated physician)
7.) Form I-765 - EAD Card for working
8.) Affidavit of Support: Submit Form I-864 for FB category
9.) Form G-1145 - To receive text message or email notification.
10.) Latest I-94 card (copies of both sides), if applicable.
11.) Marriage certificate (if applicable)
12.) All I-797 forms - Notice Of Action(I130/H1B)


Optional documents (recommended by some law firms) photocopies only:

1. Tax returns for the previous two years
2. W-2 forms for the previous two years
3. Four recent pay stubs
4. Degree certificates
5. All previous EADs including student practical training
6. All I-20 forms
7. All pages of passport
8. Driver's License and SSN

So, here's my queries:

1.) Is the above list for I-485 packet in my case complete?
2.) If no, what am I missing?
3.) Since I sent some of the documents already with form I-130, would it be redundant to send them again?

Thank you very much for answering. appreciate it very much.

~cheers BigGrin



thanks 1 user thanked Swe for this useful post.
Ankit on 7/13/2013(UTC)
Offline Swe  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2013 2:59:19 PM(UTC)
Swe

Rank: Member

Joined: 7/5/2013(UTC)
Posts: 33
United States
Location: California

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
August 2013 Visa bulletin is Current for India F2A!!! Does that mean i have to send my I485 packet on August 1st 2013? Can anyone please answer?

Thanks a ton!!!
Offline Amazon  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2013 9:42:13 PM(UTC)
Amazon

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 5/31/2013(UTC)
Posts: 591

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Hi Swe, I will answer later tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
Please remember to add your case to the GC tracker: http://www.mygcvisa.com/tracker
Offline Swe  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:05:30 AM(UTC)
Swe

Rank: Member

Joined: 7/5/2013(UTC)
Posts: 33
United States
Location: California

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Amazon Go to Quoted Post
Hi Swe, I will answer later tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.


Thanks Amazon! I got the answer for when I should file from one of your other topic discussions.
I believe I should send the packet so that it reaches USCIS on August 1 2013. please do correct me if I am wrong.

Please do let me know if the list for AOS/EAD/AP in my case, is complete, or, if I need to add anything else.

I also have another question:

My question is:
In the checklist provided for I485 blog I see,
15. Form I-134 - Affidavit of Support, if you file as a derivative, (this is different from I-864).
and
b. Affidavit of Support: Submit Form I-864 for FB category.

Should I file both forms I-864 and I-134, while filing for I485 , or will just filing I-864 be more than enough?

appreciate your answer.

thanks again

Offline Swe  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 7:52:05 PM(UTC)
Swe

Rank: Member

Joined: 7/5/2013(UTC)
Posts: 33
United States
Location: California

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Here's another question:

What "application type" in Part 2. should be selected on the I-485 when the I-130 is pending? Should we select type
"a" (approved immigrant petition), and just add a note stating that the case is actually pending with a current priority date?
Or
"b" My spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status or was granted lawful permanent residence in an immigrant visa category that allows derivative status for spouses and children.
Or
"h" (other basis of eligibility) and just write "Pending I-130, current priority date".



Please help.

Thanks,
Offline Amazon  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:56:00 PM(UTC)
Amazon

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 5/31/2013(UTC)
Posts: 591

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SweSwe Go to Quoted Post
Here's another question:

What "application type" in Part 2. should be selected on the I-485 when the I-130 is pending? Should we select type
"a" (approved immigrant petition), and just add a note stating that the case is actually pending with a current priority date?
Or
"b" My spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status or was granted lawful permanent residence in an immigrant visa category that allows derivative status for spouses and children.
Or
"h" (other basis of eligibility) and just write "Pending I-130, current priority date".



Please help.

Thanks,


For Part 2, please select option a.

Yes, make sure USCIS does not receive the application before Aug 1.
Please remember to add your case to the GC tracker: http://www.mygcvisa.com/tracker
Offline Amazon  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 11:16:24 PM(UTC)
Amazon

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 5/31/2013(UTC)
Posts: 591

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SweSwe Go to Quoted Post

My question is:
In the checklist provided for I485 blog I see,
15. Form I-134 - Affidavit of Support, if you file as a derivative, (this is different from I-864).
and
b. Affidavit of Support: Submit Form I-864 for FB category.

Should I file both forms I-864 and I-134, while filing for I485 , or will just filing I-864 be more than enough?

appreciate your answer.

thanks again



Just I-864 is sufficient. They both are for affidavit of support. Also see this link: http://www.visapro.com/I...rticles/?a=1335&z=36
Please remember to add your case to the GC tracker: http://www.mygcvisa.com/tracker
thanks 2 users thanked Amazon for this useful post.
Swe on 7/11/2013(UTC), Ankit on 7/13/2013(UTC)
Offline Amazon  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 11:46:28 PM(UTC)
Amazon

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 5/31/2013(UTC)
Posts: 591

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SweSwe Go to Quoted Post
Firstly, I'd like to thank Amazon for putting information out and helping. You are a saviorBigGrin I have been reading your blogs:
August 2013 predictions, F2A analysis, and I-485 Process: Documents, Filing, FP, RFE, EAD, AP, Tracking, etc. They are very informative and are helping me prepare my application folder myself. Can't thank you enough. BigGrin.


Thank you it is very sweet of you. BigGrin

Quote:

Currently, I am making my packet for I-485 ready to send out any time my PD becomes current. and below is the complete checklist I am planning to send(finalized these, with respect to my case, after reading your blog: I-485 Process: Documents, Filing, FP, RFE, EAD, AP, Tracking, etc ):
1.) I-485 form
2.) Filing Fees (per person) for I-485 Form(money order):
a. Age: 14 to 79 years: $985 + $85 (biometric fees) = $1070
3.) Form G-325A (for me only)
4.) Copy of birth certificate
5.) 6 identical recent passport color photos
6.) Form I-693 Medical Examination (signed and sealed by USCIS designated physician)
7.) Form I-765 - EAD Card for working
8.) Affidavit of Support: Submit Form I-864 for FB category
9.) Form G-1145 - To receive text message or email notification.
10.) Latest I-94 card (copies of both sides), if applicable.
11.) Marriage certificate (if applicable)
12.) All I-797 forms - Notice Of Action(I130/H1B)



Do not forget to include I-130 receipt notice (evidence of eligibility). You can also send Form I-131 (AP card)

Quote:

Optional documents (recommended by some law firms) photocopies only:

1. Tax returns for the previous two years
2. W-2 forms for the previous two years
3. Four recent pay stubs
4. Degree certificates
5. All previous EADs including student practical training
6. All I-20 forms
7. All pages of passport
8. Driver's License and SSN

So, here's my queries:

1.) Is the above list for I-485 packet in my case complete?
2.) If no, what am I missing?
3.) Since I sent some of the documents already with form I-130, would it be redundant to send them again?

Thank you very much for answering. appreciate it very much.

~cheers BigGrin


The optional documents are recommended for EB applicants only. You can skip all of these since you are in FB category. If USCIS requires any of these they can issue a simple RFE.

You can also add a cover letter explaining that you are filing I-485 application in the F2A category while I-130 is pending and that you are currently working in H1 visa. This is similar to providing biographic information.

Also even though you had sent some of these documents earlier with I-130, you have to send them again with I-485.

PS: It seems that you are very meticulous and organized person. Are you a Developer/QA?
Please remember to add your case to the GC tracker: http://www.mygcvisa.com/tracker
thanks 2 users thanked Amazon for this useful post.
Sunshine on 7/12/2013(UTC), Ankit on 7/13/2013(UTC)
Offline Amazon  
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 12:23:53 AM(UTC)
Amazon

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 5/31/2013(UTC)
Posts: 591

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Update: I will update this list and blog post on July 11.
Please remember to add your case to the GC tracker: http://www.mygcvisa.com/tracker
Offline Swe  
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 3:48:55 PM(UTC)
Swe

Rank: Member

Joined: 7/5/2013(UTC)
Posts: 33
United States
Location: California

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Amazon Go to Quoted Post


For Part 2, please select option a.

Yes, make sure USCIS does not receive the application before Aug 1.


Amazon, I was wondering how am I eligible to pick option a? Because it clearly states on the form that option a is for APPROVED immigrant petition, while mine(I 130) is still pending.

It seems to me, that choosing option h, and writing pending I-130, PD current and LRP spouse, in the space provided for option h, would be the way to go.

Can you please suggest again?

Thanks. :)


Offline Swe  
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 3:49:49 PM(UTC)
Swe

Rank: Member

Joined: 7/5/2013(UTC)
Posts: 33
United States
Location: California

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Amazon Go to Quoted Post
Update: I will update this list and blog post on July 11.


Thanks I will keep checking!

Offline Swe  
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 3:57:25 PM(UTC)
Swe

Rank: Member

Joined: 7/5/2013(UTC)
Posts: 33
United States
Location: California

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Amazon Go to Quoted Post

Do not forget to include I-130 receipt notice (evidence of eligibility). You can also send Form I-131 (AP card)


Yes I will be sending I-130 receipt notice and Form I-131 as well.


Originally Posted by: Amazon Go to Quoted Post


The optional documents are recommended for EB applicants only. You can skip all of these since you are in FB category. If USCIS requires any of these they can issue a simple RFE.

You can also add a cover letter explaining that you are filing I-485 application in the F2A category while I-130 is pending and that you are currently working in H1 visa. This is similar to providing biographic information.

Also even though you had sent some of these documents earlier with I-130, you have to send them again with I-485.

PS: It seems that you are very meticulous and organized person. Are you a Developer/QA?


I plan to send the optional docs as well. I plan to put them at the end of the required stack, stating them as additional documentation. Just to be on safe side so the application will go smoothly. :)

Yes, thanks for the cover letter suggestion. I will do so.

Thanks so much. appreciate it :)
thanks 2 users thanked Swe for this useful post.
Sunshine on 7/12/2013(UTC), Ankit on 7/14/2013(UTC)
3 Pages123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2020, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.419 seconds.
Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth