Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.



Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline VK  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 11:58:29 AM(UTC)

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 9/5/2013(UTC)
Posts: 3
Location: NYC

Thanks: 1 times
Hey All,

After all these years of waiting, when I'm finally there... the post office looses my green card.... I've contacted my local post office, and they have no idea where it is... It was probably delivered to the wrong address... And according to USCIS's website, I'll have to pay $400 to have it reissued. Thoughts? Any way I can avoid paying $400? And waiting 30 days for somebody to send it back to uscis? Thanks!!!
Offline Amazon  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 3:49:13 PM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 5/31/2013(UTC)
Posts: 591

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 78 post(s)
It would generally have a tracking number. I would recommend calling the USCIS and get a tracking number and see if it matches the location. Also cehck if they have the correct address inside their system. Another option is infopass appointment and ask them if they can help in this.
Please remember to add your case to the GC tracker: http://www.mygcvisa.com/tracker
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2020, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.064 seconds.
Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth