Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mbp  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2013 5:53:10 AM(UTC)
mbp

India

I have received a RFE for form I -693. I have reached out to civil surgeon to understand more on this. Waiting for her reply. Meanwhile I though if anyone can help me on this form and hence posting here.

Full RFE text is below:

Submit a properly completed and signed Form I-693... for the applicant on Form I-485. The medical examination must be conducted by a civil surgeon who has been designated by the USCIS. The medical must be dated within one year of filing Form I-485.

If you have already submitted Form I-693, either all pages of Form I-693 are not present or all the pages are not of the same revision date.

Medical examinations using the 10/11/11 revision date, the medical must be on or after 11/01/11.
Medical examinations using the 1/15/13 revision date, the medical must be on or after 4/28/13.
All pages of Form I-693 must be present and of the same revision date.

To aid your civil surgeon on your medical exam, take a copy of this letter to your appointment.

To obtain names and telephone numbers of designated civil surgeons in your area, go online to http://www.uscis.gov/ or call USCIS' National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. You may need to provide your zip code. Have a pen or pencil ready to write down the list of civil surgeons in your area.

Do not submit chest x-ray films with your medical exam.

Submit your medical with this letter. Do NOT hold your medical until your I-485 interview.

For more specific information, see Form I-485 instructions, page 4, "7. Medical Examinations". For the most current version of Form I-485 and Form I-693, including the instructions, go to "Immigration Forms" at http://www.uscis.gov or call (800) 870-3676.

Thanks!
Offline shrishi  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2013 11:23:01 AM(UTC)
shrishi

Originally Posted by: mbp Go to Quoted Post
I have received a RFE for form I -693. I have reached out to civil surgeon to understand more on this. Waiting for her reply. Meanwhile I though if anyone can help me on this form and hence posting here.

Full RFE text is below:

Submit a properly completed and signed Form I-693... for the applicant on Form I-485. The medical examination must be conducted by a civil surgeon who has been designated by the USCIS. The medical must be dated within one year of filing Form I-485.

If you have already submitted Form I-693, either all pages of Form I-693 are not present or all the pages are not of the same revision date.

Medical examinations using the 10/11/11 revision date, the medical must be on or after 11/01/11.
Medical examinations using the 1/15/13 revision date, the medical must be on or after 4/28/13.
All pages of Form I-693 must be present and of the same revision date.

To aid your civil surgeon on your medical exam, take a copy of this letter to your appointment.

To obtain names and telephone numbers of designated civil surgeons in your area, go online to http://www.uscis.gov/ or call USCIS' National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. You may need to provide your zip code. Have a pen or pencil ready to write down the list of civil surgeons in your area.

Do not submit chest x-ray films with your medical exam.

Submit your medical with this letter. Do NOT hold your medical until your I-485 interview.

For more specific information, see Form I-485 instructions, page 4, "7. Medical Examinations". For the most current version of Form I-485 and Form I-693, including the instructions, go to "Immigration Forms" at http://www.uscis.gov or call (800) 870-3676.

Thanks!

Looks like USCIS has lost your form I-693. Same thing happened to me! USCIS lost my I-693 and all I did was called the doctor's office and asked them to issue me another one. They did that at no extra cost. And, if needed take a flu shot and update it in your form I-693. I have seen RFEs for missing flu shots especially if the case is processed during flu season. Good luck.
Offline Amazon  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 7:26:34 PM(UTC)
Amazon

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 78 post(s)
It looks like a standard RFE letter. It doesnt say what exactly is missing (signature, checkboxes, etc)

I would recommend take the letter to your civil surgeon and ask them to give you a new copy. Make sure everything is correct (as per RFE letter text) and then send it to USCIS.
Please remember to add your case to the GC tracker: http://www.mygcvisa.com/tracker