Thursday, August 8, 2013 11:40:41 PM
Originally Posted by: FK 

@ Amazon:
Just a quick question for you. Me and my wife only been married since February 2013, even though we've been dating for a very long time.
In case we get approved and we can move forward with our case, I believe we will have to file some papers after she gets her GC, since it has not been 2 years.
Do you know how that goes?
She'll still have the same benefits as any other LPR right?


If the marriage is less than 2 years than USCIS will only issue conditional green card. This card will only be valid for two years. Around two year anniversary, you would have to submit form I-751 to remove the conditional green card. USCIS does this to prevent fraud.

Here are more details about this: 
Please remember to add your case to the GC tracker: 
Friday, August 9, 2013 1:23:09 AM
Thanks Amazon. Yea that makes sense and that is absolutely understandable.
But she can get SSN and she can work as a regular PR I guess. The only difference is that the card is only valid for 2 years. Correct?


Have a great night!

Friday, August 9, 2013 1:38:30 AM
It is like a regular green card but valid only for 2 years.
Please remember to add your case to the GC tracker: 
Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth