Forum Home > Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > I-130 Forum
Update on USCIS processing timeline
There are 13 posts in this topic.
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
<<PREV12NEXT>>Page 1 of 2
Yared
10/29/2023 1:54:19 PM
Total Posts: 8
Category: F2A Ethiopia
The is for all family based greencard /I-130 processes Who electronically applied/ your No. Started by IOE Do you heard of the appropriation requirements act? Do you really want to know the exact processing timeline? Do you wanna know the the priority date they are working on right know? if you wanna know the answer or raises additional question please contact me or comment.
Yared
10/29/2023 2:12:04 PM
As of October 29, 2023 1. USCIS focused on i-130 cases (with receipt # IOE09) received by USCIS in the last 2 years. 2. So far, in the month of October, USCIS approved 39016 cases and denied 1065. 3. USCIS is currently focused on cases that were received in December 2022 and March 2023.
Mike Dudley
11/8/2023 8:14:10 PM
Total Posts: 2
Category: IR1 Germany
Yes, I would like more information. December 2022 I can understand but why March 2023, what happened with February or January 2023?
Yared
11/8/2023 9:06:12 PM
It is depends on the processing centers, type petition and your priority dates. As you know USCIS processes cases based on priority dates. Here is the twist Form I-130 filled by two group of individuals, one with privileges called us citizen and the other is without called Lawful permanent resident. So imagine your self as LPR been at 10th place in a raw waiting for your visa but there are us citizens behinds you at 12 band 13. Since they have a privilege USCIS now focuses on their spot before you. You get my point right? Thats why some cases move forward very fast than the others. Please email me, i will attached you some of the recent immigration data.. [email protected]
Mike Dudley
11/8/2023 9:09:25 PM
Total Posts: 2
Category: IR1 Germany
That's why I'm asking. I'm a us citizen and filed for my husband aboard in Germany. Filled online on the 2nd of February and they received it 20th February 2023.
Yared
11/8/2023 9:28:55 PM
Currently USCIS taking an action to reduce the backlogs from covid pandemics. The average waiting time for us citizens filling for spouse takes 11 months. Based on your priority date you have to wait some more. USCIS currently working on cases started with IOE09 and received in the past 2 years. Here is today's updates, USCIS is currently focused on cases that were received in November and December 2022. Remember if your recipient date within this range or passed and your case number don't start with IOE09, you have to wait some more. These cases are petitioned during covid pandemic 2020 but their recipient date was after covid 2022. That's why they are prioritized.
Nesli Benibil
11/9/2023 6:33:04 PM
Total Posts: 3
Category: F2A Turkey
Hi Yared, I, as a green card holder, applied for my under-21-year-old son's green card on January 26, 2022. Regrettably, there hasn't been any progress in our application since then. Given USCIS's focus on applications submitted within the last two years, our case should fall within this time frame. However, the time estimator on this website predicts a processing time extending until October 2027. Can I expect a closer date for processing based on this information? Thanks!
Yared
11/9/2023 7:30:21 PM
No, you have to wait more. I understand your frustration but the processing time posted on USCIS is not the actual time frame. In fact the time they posted reflects the amount of time to complete 80% of cases they received in the past 6 months from the time of their post. But there is a new act passed by Congress called "appropriation requirements" which states USCIS must report their progress data each month to the congress and the processing times on those reports are completely different. To answer your question...you are right your priority date falls within the USCIS focus but those cases they are focusing are the one that filled during covid pandemic, that means these petitions were filled on 2020, since USCIS was under lock downs during that time they didn't gave priority dates to those case until they resumed the service on 2022. So those petitions got priority date on 2022 but their recipient date actually was on 2020. That's why even if your priority date fall between that timeline, in reality those cases filled 2 years prior to yours. This is why USCIS focuses on those cases to clear out the backlogs. Still your preference category, your immigration status and processing center have a huge impact on your processing time...it is a long way a head in your category, you have to wait more years.
Nesli Benibil
11/9/2023 9:36:56 PM
Do you mean long after October 2027?
Yared
11/10/2023 9:44:33 AM
No, but 2027 is the reasonable time frame since, you are a LPR. But for US citizens, spouse and unmarried child under 21 are considered an immediate relatives so they are eligible for USCIS premium processing which takes up to 6 months. It only take additional payment to expedite your petition.
Nesli Benibil
11/10/2023 2:03:34 PM
Thank you for your responses, Yared. I have one more question; when we submitted I130 form my son was 18 years old. If he turns 21 during this processing period, will he be treated as over 21? Thanks again!
Yared
11/10/2023 2:28:08 PM
If Form I-130 (“Petition for Alien Relative”) is filed for the child of an immigrant, but the child turns 21 before receiving a green card, they are no longer considered a child for immigration purposes, and they must apply for a different immigration status to stay in the U.S.A lawfully. But recently they released new immigration law for 2023 call" Dignity Act" which states under family unification act is that, they tried to increase per country cap from 7% to 15% in family preference and the planned to consider spouse and child under 21 of LPRs. If this bill passed and become a law, spouses and children under 21 of LPRs becomes immediate relatives just like US citizens and their relatives and the processing time will be the same.
<<PREV12NEXT>>Page 1 of 2

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth