Forum Home > Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion > NVC / I-485 / EAD / AP Forum
IV supporting documents
There are 7 posts in this topic. Total Reaction: 1
Watch This Topic
Start New Topic
Add Reply
tabula_rasa
2/12/2014 9:49:10 AM
Total Posts: 56
Certified vs Notarized. We are about to send out the IV package, now i read some people get RFE on some papers. My husband is going to send my notarized birth certificate. Should i send him the original instead? Thank you
walfredo
2/12/2014 1:38:50 PM
Total Posts: 43
SEND THE ORIGINALS. We made the same mistake and had our documents notarized, which was not accepted. They must be originals or certified copies. (we had our translations of the documents notarized, just in case). Certified copies are copies issued by government body, and it seems in Ukraine, this is near impossible to acquire (at least that was our experience). It was much easier to send the originals. It was also much easier to get new originals issued as opposed to certified copies. Also, the originals will be given back to you at your interview in Kiev. Regards
tabula_rasa
2/12/2014 4:12:41 PM
Shooooooot............. thank you. Just sent out the original, gona b a 2 week delay now. Great....[angry] [mad] [crying]
walfredo
2/12/2014 5:02:13 PM
If you sent the original then thats GOOD. We had a 2 month delay with RFE's because we sent notarized copies. We ended up sending originals and all was fine then.
tabula_rasa
2/12/2014 7:17:26 PM
you are very helpful. you can add me on facebook, Natasha Odentsova (i have a little boy with a big dog as my profile pic))
sabina gurung
2/12/2014 10:40:01 PM
Total Posts: 21
Hi amazon Last year my income was less then poverty guide line but this year I have 2 job and enough income so I have to put joint sponsor ?
walfredo
2/13/2014 2:08:42 PM
@tabula_rasa. Thank you but I dont have facebook :) Report back once you get your interview, if my friend gets hers first Ill post back here with what the Kiev embassy interview was like.

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth