• Profile:
  • Joined: Saturday, August 31, 2013
  • Last Visit: Sunday, September 1, 2013 1:16:08 PM
  • Statistics
  • Number of Posts: 1 [0.04% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  • Thanks Given: 0
  • Thanks Received: 0
  • Thanked Posts: 0
Last 10 Posts
 View All Posts by User
Be careful about what your wife's status is for tax purposes, if she is a non resident or a resident for tax proposes. Usually, she becomes a "resident" after being in the country for 5tax years. If she was a non resident that year, she needs to file a 1040NR which limits the deductions she is entitled to: no standard deduction, no school credits! Furthermore, she cannot file a joint return with you unless there are some special provisions. I think you should contact the center for international programs at her school for advice on how to proceed when amending the returns!
Hope this helps!
Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth