I went through simmilar situations with my case.
1. RFE asking for things I did not need to prove
- Lawyer's advice: send all evidence again.
- USCIS office advice(in person): write a detailed cover letter explaining your situation and your case and why you don't need to submit that and all the evidence you can possible find to back up your explanation.
2. I-130 status change
- Approved on September 6 (received electronic notice and approval letter on the mail)
- Initial review on September 21 (electronic notification only)
I've heard that their electronic notification system has flaws so I wouldn't rely on it 100% unless you get a printed letter on the mail.
My experience with their phone line has been awful so far. They were never able to give me an informed answer.
Good luck with your case!