Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline berde  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 4:11:55 PM(UTC)
berde

Poland

Need some advise.
My wife PD is now current and we are on the process of completing the I485. I been on h4 and been working for 5 years now.I pay tax, medicare, ss and file income tax return every year. my question is, do i have to state it on the form that i am working even though h4 is not allowed to work or should i leave it blank? Thank you
Offline Amazon  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 6:46:44 PM(UTC)
Amazon

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 78 post(s)
This is a complicated situation. H4 visa holders are currently not authorized to work for salary. They can only do volunteer work. I would recommend talking to a good lawyer who can review your case in more detail and provide proper guidance. Your spouse lawyer would also be able to help with this.
Please remember to add your case to the GC tracker: http://www.mygcvisa.com/tracker
Offline catx  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 7:09:38 PM(UTC)
catx

Canada

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: berde Go to Quoted Post
Need some advise. My wife PD is now current and we are on the process of completing the I-485. I been on H4 and been working for 5 years now. I pay tax, medicare, SS and file income tax return every year. My question is, do I have to state it on the form that i am working even though H4 is not allowed to work or should I leave it blank? Thank you.

Since you have clearly violated the law with significant unauthorized, illegal employment, you may be facing significant negative consequences, including denial of your immigration petition, deportation, many year entry ban. Payment and filing of taxes, etc. does not matter, and does not excuse unauthorized, illegal employment. Further, falsifying information on an immigration application, including omitting information is a serious fraud.

Your only choice at this point is to consult with a qualified, experienced immigration attorney before proceeding with your I-485 adjustment of status application. An attorney may know of some option, but I would not get your hopes up.