Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline LPR filer  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2013 12:22:16 PM(UTC)
LPR filer

India

Reading this forum, I get the impression that it is advisable to fill I-1485, part 2 as

select option "h" and mention "I-130 Pending, PD Current F2A , LPR spouse"

Does the same apply to folks like me who are sending I-130 and 485 together.... or reword it as

select option "h" and mention "I-130 filing concurrently, PD Current F2A , LPR spouse".

btw, a dumb question... is it ok to fill some sections of the form with hand while few sections I use the fillable-pdf.... for lack of space/not printing the whole text I type in.

Thanks in advance!
Offline Jasmine  
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 1:02:04 AM(UTC)
Jasmine

Philippines

Hello to all.. My PD is april 8, 2013,. My husband already sent the RFE and just received by USCIS on september 3. I just want to ask if how many months will be the processing time for my case to be approved. Because some of the topics i just read took them how many months even years to be approved. Or is it possible for my case to be approved soon because the VB for my category and in my country is current? Thanks
Offline f2acamer  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 5:13:13 AM(UTC)
f2acamer

Cameroon

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LPR filer Go to Quoted Post
Reading this forum, I get the impression that it is advisable to fill I-1485, part 2 as

Does the same apply to folks like me who are sending I-130 and 485 together.... or reword it as

select option "h" and mention "I-130 filing concurrently, PD Current F2A , LPR spouse".

btw, a dumb question... is it ok to fill some sections of the form with hand while few sections I use the fillable-pdf.... for lack of space/not printing the whole text I type in.

Thanks in advance!

I can answer your last question though. Yes it is ok to fill some sections with hand. I have done that with a lot of immigration forms and has never had any issues with that.
thanks 1 user thanked f2acamer for this useful post.
LPR filer on 9/5/2013(UTC)
Offline Amazon  
#16 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 7:11:41 PM(UTC)
Amazon

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LPR filer Go to Quoted Post

Thanks in advance!

Option h with filing I-130 concurrently (as you wrote above) should be fine.

Yes, you can fill some part of the form by hand. Remember to use black ink.
Please remember to add your case to the GC tracker: http://www.mygcvisa.com/tracker
Offline Amazon  
#17 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 7:14:30 PM(UTC)
Amazon

Originally Posted by: Jasmine Go to Quoted Post
Hello to all.. My PD is april 8, 2013,. My husband already sent the RFE and just received by USCIS on september 3. I just want to ask if how many months will be the processing time for my case to be approved. Because some of the topics i just read took them how many months even years to be approved. Or is it possible for my case to be approved soon because the VB for my category and in my country is current? Thanks

If you look at other threads in this forum or GC tracker http://www.mygcvisa.com/tracker/

USCIS is approving I-130 applications with PD of July 2013 to August 2013. You may already know that F2A category is expected to retrogress in Oct VB.
Please remember to add your case to the GC tracker: http://www.mygcvisa.com/tracker
Offline Jasmine  
#18 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 4:04:56 AM(UTC)
Jasmine

Philippines

Hello april 2013 filers.. My PD is April 8 .RFE was sent september 3. I thought approval of uscis takes months or even years. But for us it onky take 10 days.. September 10 uscis approved our petition.. So happy! BigGrin .. Dont loose hope guys.. BigGrin
Offline shrishi  
#19 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 4:34:34 AM(UTC)
shrishi

Originally Posted by: Jasmine Go to Quoted Post
Hello april 2013 filers.. My PD is April 8 .RFE was sent september 3. I thought approval of uscis takes months or even years. But for us it onky take 10 days.. September 10 uscis approved our petition.. So happy! BigGrin .. Dont loose hope guys.. BigGrin

Congrats!

Offline LPR filer  
#20 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 6:27:27 AM(UTC)
LPR filer

India

For those who received RFE for concurrent filing, did the 797C receipt for I-1485/I-130 not say
"203 a2a ina spouse of lpr"?
I wonder what was in the Receipt notice for those who received RFE requesting proof of US citizenship of spouse.
Offline moe.ali  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:24:39 PM(UTC)
moe.ali

United States

Yes that is exactly what is says. I received the RFE two days ago to provide US citizen documentation as I checked option (a) of part 2 on the I-485. In response I plan on re-sending an amended I-485 that has option (h) checked and a cover letter explaining that I mistakenly choose option (a). What do you all think??? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Offline Amazon  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:19:28 PM(UTC)
Amazon

You should also respond back to the RFE letter, since USCIS would be expecting response from your side.
Offline moe.ali  
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:52:16 AM(UTC)
moe.ali

United States

How should I do that, what would you recommend.

This is what my letter states

To Whom it May Concern,
In response to the request for initial evidence (I-485) sent out on xxxxxxx for receipt number xxxxxxxxx. The following points should be noted.
• I-485 Part 2
o Was mistakenly checked for option (a)
o The correct option that should have been checked is (h)with a note ‘other basis of eligibility, I-130 filling concurrently based on priority date being current for F2A category /minor child of a LPR.’

• Attached is a revised copy of the amended I-485.
Offline Amazon  
#24 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 11:50:17 AM(UTC)
Amazon

That should be fine. It clearly states what changes you are trying to make.
3 Pages<123>