Tuesday, May 20, 2014 3:41:34 AM
Hi All,

I have dual USA and UK citizenship, but was born and brought up in the UK. I have never lived in the USA.

I am seeking to move to the USA with my husband and daughter soon. They are both British citizens.

The I-130 instructs request for my situation copies of the following documents:

1. My USA passport
2. Certificate of Naturalisation
3. Report of Birth Abroad

I only have a USA passport. I was born in the countryside in the UK and my Mum (through whom I have US citizenship) did not travel to London to register my birth abroad. For some reason I don't have have a naturalisation certificate either. My mum has recently passed away so I cannot ask her whether she ever got me one or not, and why not. I only remember going to get my US passport when I was about 11 years old and having to go through some small interview, the doing the pledging allegance speech.

I am concerned then that my I-130 petition for my husband and daughter will be rejected without these two documents, even though I am clearly a citizen since I have a passport. Can anyone share their experience or knowledge of whether I would actually be rejected without these or whether they would process anyway with just my passport as evidence of my citizenship.

Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth