Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:43:41 AM
Our approved I 130 was lost and then found in Denver. An immigration lady told us to fill out I 824, pay 405$ fee to transfer the case. She said something about expiditing. What is going to happen now. Are they going to senf our form to my embassy in Kiev for further processing? How much longer the whole process can take? Please PLease Please help to understand
Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:58:31 PM
So from what I understand the I-824 is used for people who originally wanted to do adjustment of status in USA and then decided to do consular processing.

Firstly, did your case get transfered to NVC? If so, have you filled out form I-864 (affidavit of support) and DS-260 (Immigrant Visa Application)?

Before your case can be processed in Kiev, you must fill out these two forms and submit supporting civil documents (original/certified copies).

Nothing gets sent to Kiev until this process has completed.

Here is a great flowchart that will help you understand the process:
Tuesday, November 26, 2013 4:48:45 PM
Thank you for your reply. Indeed, originally we planned to adjust status in the States, but I had to go back since my visa expired. We called the USCIS to change the address before our i-130 was approved. I suppose the processing office decided that we go with AOD not consular processing, thats why we have to apply for I-824.
We do not have NVC number yet. Do you khow how long it will take them to transfer our case to NVC?
Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:55:18 PM
будь ласка :)

Im not sure how long it will take to transfer to NVC, in our case it was roughly 2 months, but I think they usually do it within 1 year of your PD becoming current. Since your fiance/husband is a USC, your PD should be immediately current. Therefore, the faster your application can get through USCIS/NVC the quicker you get your visa. I would look into getting your documents 'expedited' - although Im not sure how to do that.

Also, I will offer some advice regarding your civil documents. My friend, (who is immigrating under F1 family category) is also living Ukraine (Cherkassy). She had a very hard time acquiring certified copies of her birth certificate, and it was much easier to just get a new original. So when you get to that stage, just send originals if you can because it seems in Ukraine its not so easy to get certified copies of originals. Matter of fact, I would start collecting them now (police certificate especially). Your originals get returned to you at your interview.

Here is a list of the documents you will need: 

Some of them may not be applicable to your situation (marriage termination document, etc). And again, use that PDF link that I posted to see what forms/documents you will need to fill out once your petition is received at NVC.

Also, take my advice with a grain of salt... Im not an expert, just an ordinary person who has done a lot of research and reading on the internet, trying to help a good friend through this whole highly confusing and frustrating immigration process. Im not 100% sure process for spouse/fiance as Im sure some of it is different than the normal F1 process I am somewhat familiar with.
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 7:45:12 AM
yOU are awesome, sooooo helpful!!!😁
I will start working on gathering all the documents. My husband is a green card holder, but my priority date is already current. We just sent out I-824 waiting to show "paid". Do you remember how long it took her to get some kind of receipt from them?
Your Ukrainian friend is sure lucky to have you!!!
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 7:51:00 AM
Do I sent the originals to the NVC or local embassy?
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:52:32 PM
From what I understand, USCIS only tranfers case to NVC if the beneficiary has to go through consular processing (the NVC is part of the state department and not the uscis).

So I would imagine that once you fill out this i824, your case will then be transfered to the NVC. This is the reason you havent heard from the NVC yet, because USCIS still thinks you are going to adjust status and not go through consular processing.

Once the NVC recieves your case, you will have to fill out DS3032 (choice of agent), i864 (affidavit of support), before the NVC will want your civil documents. Once you get these two forms filled out, then you will have to fill out ds260 (online form, immigrant visa application) and submit supporting civil documents.

These civil documents will get sent to the NVC. The NVC will send a cover sheet and address of where to send civil documents. If there are any problems with these documents they will send out a RFE (request for evidence) outlining what additional documents they need. Each step in this process takes roughly 20 days (in our experience) so the more prepared you are the faster it will go.

Once all of your documents are submitted and approved, your documents and your case gets transfered to Kiev where they will schedule your interview and give you back all your original documents.
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:24:59 PM
Thanks so much. I applied for the police certificate today, they said it would take a month. Should be ready before my interview. The whole process is freaking long and frustrating. It would ve been faster to do everything illegaly. No we are stuck where we are.
As for now, I need them to cash out my I 824 fee, so we can proceed. Its been almost a week, since they received the form.
Monday, December 2, 2013 4:06:28 PM
A lot of the fees can be paid electronically online through the NVC website. Can make processing go faster.

Dont forget to investigate expedited processing, since your PD is current!
Thursday, December 12, 2013 3:47:26 PM
I think I-824 is used for people who originally wanted to do adjustment of status in USA and then decided to do consular processing.Did your case get transferred to NVC? If so, have you filled out form I-864 (affidavit of support) and DS-260 (Immigrant Visa Application)?
Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence |Fiancee Visa Requirements  

Thursday, December 12, 2013 6:52:07 PM
They just sent it to the NVC, so Im waiting on them to respond.
Rate My Professor Celebrity Net Worth